Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-13-2012, 01:59 PM

Default Re: Waves support for AAX DSP

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioluche View Post
I know you really really dont want to see AAX DSP (from all the posts i've read from you) but again, that's not what they said.

HD native is certainly a verry good product, no doubt about it, but for me, it's going to be HDX when i'll be ready to upgrade. And as i see it, i'm certainly not alone.

Cheers
Agreed.

For edadema: I might be new here to this forum, but I'm not new to this industry. Been working with Waves employee's and Avid employee's for almost 12 years. I regularly attend the trade shows for my job... but what do I know? Seriously though, believe what you wish, I don't wish to offend you,

For what it's worth... it would actually be more work for Waves to support only AAX native instead of both versions of AAX.

All these various threads about this topic... much drama about nothing... I see the DUC hasn't changed.
Old 01-13-2012, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearGuy View Post
For what it's worth... it would actually be more work for Waves to support only AAX native instead of both versions of AAX.
Can you explain this a bit deeper?

Thanks
Old 01-13-2012, 02:52 PM

No actually I publicly can't and won't. The short answer is: Money, Avid development partners, SDKs, and money.

A small developer like CraneSong can code Phoenix2 for both AAX Native and DSP, yes the largest developer Waves cannot? Just think this through....

I'm not posting anymore on this topic, best wishes to all.
Old 01-13-2012, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearGuy View Post
No actually I publicly can't and won't. The short answer is: Money, Avid development partners, SDKs, and money.

A small developer like CraneSong can code Phoenix2 for both AAX Native and DSP, yes the largest developer Waves cannot? Just think this through....

I'm not posting anymore on this topic, best wishes to all.
I thought it was a reasonable question. Doesn't sound like you're being provoked. Would be good for us to understand how these things work.

C
PT 2021.10 HDX 16x24 -Mac Pro 12 Cores 48 GB RAM OS 10.13.6 - API 16 channel - AMS Neve 16 channel, AMS-Neve-SSL -Pres/Processing, Bock Audio, BLUE Bottle, Neumann, Josephson -Mics, Bogner, Kemper- Guitar, Chandler Zener-Curve Bender Outboard/Master. UAudio, Waves, Plugin Alliance etc.