Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2016, 03:17 PM

Default Re: AAE error -9173 stronger than ever on PT 12.5

I think I can speak for a lot of people and say it isn't that comforting saying Avid is still working on something that's been affecting users for almost three years now. I would also say that I think most users out there would be thrilled to see a "No new features but full bug fix" release. I think all the users deserve that at this point.
Old 10-03-2016, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goombot View Post
I think I can speak for a lot of people and say it isn't that comforting saying Avid is still working on something that's been affecting users for almost three years now. I would also say that I think most users out there would be thrilled to see a "No new features but full bug fix" release. I think all the users deserve that at this point.
I was just telling you like it is straight up

I know how you feel thats why I said we are in the same boat as everyone else here. Mods don't have better versions or magic tricks to perform so we all have suffered, some more than others as computer setups differs greatly but all in all everyone here are waiting anxiously for these bug fixes.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 10-03-2016, 03:39 PM

I hear you. It's just more than the typical bug since it's basically "session over" when you get it. Basically "version over". There really aren't any work arounds that work. I've tried them all. It starts to become ProTools or something else. So you can understand the frustration when that happens and you feel like you're paying for a broken product.
Old 10-03-2016, 10:14 PM

I find it amazing that after 60!!! pages of people reporting this insane and annoying error Avid has still not addressed this issue. It has been almost 3 years and while 12.4 was by far the only workable version they keep breaking it again.
While I am enjoying some of the much needed new features Avid's focus above anything else should be to fix this damn error.
Since we are all on the subscription model they don't have to worry about selling new versions anymore...we already paid for the year...

Please, please Avid fix this bug once and for all, no more new features until this is fixed and no more ignoring this issue... it's a sticky, it's over 60 pages... it's a problem! We already paid you for a product called PRO... please put the Pro back into Pro Tools
UAD Satellite Octo Thunderbolt, UAD Quad Pcie
Apollo Twin Duo,
HDX Card,
2x Avid I/O Analog 16/16,
4x Artist Mix, Avid Dock, PT Control,
2019 Mac Pro 12 core, 48 gig Ram, running Big Sur,
lots of outboard gear
Old 10-03-2016, 11:45 PM

You guys still getting error's if the "Ignore Error's" in the Playback Engine is checked?
Old 10-04-2016, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtomcat View Post
I find it amazing that after 60!!! pages of people reporting this insane and annoying error Avid has still not addressed this issue. It has been almost 3 years and while 12.4 was by far the only workable version they keep breaking it again.
While I am enjoying some of the much needed new features Avid's focus above anything else should be to fix this damn error.
Since we are all on the subscription model they don't have to worry about selling new versions anymore...we already paid for the year...

Please, please Avid fix this bug once and for all, no more new features until this is fixed and no more ignoring this issue... it's a sticky, it's over 60 pages... it's a problem! We already paid you for a product called PRO... please put the Pro back into Pro Tools
And 12.4 isn't workable for me. It's all versions of 11 and 12. Since the new build. I suspect it's a huge issue for Avid and that's why they're not really saying much. I know everyone has issues but if you get this issue you CAN'T use the program. I have multiple rigs and I don't get the error on my main rig but I get it on my secondary rig (with all the exact same plug in's and versions). So if my backup rig was my only rig I couldn't use any version of 11 or 12. I too think it's complete bulls**t that Avid isn't really saying anything real about this issue. I think we all deserve a real answer and a real fix ASAP. What use are features if the entire program doesn't work.
Old 10-07-2016, 01:25 AM

Hi,

I've been reading through this thread as I've had persistent -9173 fails on my laptop setup.

I'm mixing a live record where all the songs are in the same session so it requires lots of automation as the setups are different depending on the song.

What I've found is that when playing back through my metric halo uln8 i rarely get the error. It seems to happen far more often when playing back through the built in output. As an experiment i created a new aggregate audio setup containing only my built in output and lo and behold, playing through it caused no -9173 errors in a fairly extensive test of jumping through the timeline during playback and instantiating Slate's FGX plugin a couple of times, also during playback.

What i have found is that scrolling using the trackpad sometimes triggers these 9173s.

is 12.6 any better? This is really imapairing my work.

system:

Mbpro Retina 13 inch 2016
3.1ghz i7
16gb Memory
intel Iris graphics

OSX Elcapitan 10.11.3
Pro Tools 12.5.2

Session:
48k 20 audio tracks, 10 aux, 2 master faders, 6 vcas
cpu hovering at 28-33%
Dynamic plugin processing switched off.
Old 10-07-2016, 01:27 AM

I should add that i woudl gladly stick with aggregate audio setup but the volume keys don't control the headphone level when this is active.

I really need to be mobile with this as I have already been in a studio with it and printed all the HW FX that we needed and got the overall balance in place.

The session is runnning from an OWC FW800 drive via an Apple Thunderbolt Adapter.
Old 10-07-2016, 01:59 PM

Finally got a chance to load v12.6 and it seems to have fixed the problems I was having. But I had a click in all my sessions, if I had done a little more research I would have seen the other sticky thread ID'ing the click as the problem. I went years and years using a MIDI track for a click, I'm tempted to go back sometimes, the plug in sounds are terrible. Whatever happened to a basic stick click? Thanks to Avid for fixing at least the part that was affecting my workflow, and to this community who for years has been outstanding in ID'ing and working together to develop fixes and workarounds...

Last edited by Jon E.; 10-18-2016 at 01:34 PM.
Old 10-09-2016, 02:27 AM

My cpu jumps from 5% to 40% to cpu overload (100%) ruining my recordings. I use windows 10, Pro tools 12.5.

Installed Reaper - everything works without any problems. But I don't want to learn a new DAW. For now I use reaper for recording and pro tools for mixing, but I hate it.

But the only option is to wait for an update? that's too bad.