Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12

Old 11-12-2016, 03:40 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools 12.7

When is AVID going to pull their finger out and actually release a next version ? .., they seem to get further and further apart.

I especially don't want to see AVID dragging out a release due to stuffing around with any new feature thats for sure .

Just fix the bugs / spikes / errors / midi lag "pronto" and get THAT release out ASAP

....., and worry about adding cherries on top after first making Pro Tools reliable.
Pro Tools 2021.6.0 Native * Slate Raven MTi-1 Version 3.9.1 * AVID MBox3 Pro * OSX Mojave 10.14.6 * MAC PRO (late 2013) * 3.0 GHz 10-Core Intel Xeon E5 * 64 GB Ram 1866 MHz DDR * AMD FirePro D700 6GB * Lacie LBD 1TB Thunderbolt 2 PCiE * Blackmagic Multidock Thunderbolt2 * Samsung SSD's 850 Pro * WD Black HDD's
Old 11-12-2016, 06:23 AM

..and make clip effects work as it should for all of us..

C
PT 2021.10 HDX 16x24 -Mac Pro 12 Cores 48 GB RAM OS 10.13.6 - API 16 channel - AMS Neve 16 channel, AMS-Neve-SSL -Pres/Processing, Bock Audio, BLUE Bottle, Neumann, Josephson -Mics, Bogner, Kemper- Guitar, Chandler Zener-Curve Bender Outboard/Master. UAudio, Waves, Plugin Alliance etc.
Old 11-12-2016, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seafoam_Green View Post
When is AVID going to pull their finger out and actually release a next version ? .., they seem to get further and further apart.
You must be mistaken.

Avid said getting everyone's money yearly would allow them to release updates sooner.
Retro 176 (pair), Pultec EQP-1A (pair), Germanium Comps (pair), BAE 10DC (pair), Distressor (pair), Manley Vari-Mu, Sta-Level, Zener, SSL Fusion, SSL FX G384, API 2500, LA2A, 1176, Bricasti, Massive Passive, Anamod ATS-1, Eventide H3500, TC 2290, Yamaha D5000, PCM92, PCM70... Amps, Amps & More Amps.
Old 11-12-2016, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcalla View Post
Was it hard to learn? I hear it can be challenging at times.
Heh, I'll let you know once I've got it figured out!

I've used PT since 5.1 so yeah it's taking some adjusting to. It's light years ahead of PT for MIDI but I'm still struggling to get to grips with how to handles audio and I simply hate the mixer GUI - but because of Avids recent approach to Pro Tools I'm willing to persevere with it.

Shifting Sands Audio
www.shiftingsandsaudio.com
soundcloud.com/shiftingsands

Asus X79 Deluxe | i7 4930K @ 4.1 | 32Gb Ripjaws CL9 GBLZ | Radeon R5 230 | Win7 Pro (64) | 256Gb Samsung 850 SSD | 2x 1Tb Seagate SATA | 250Gb Samsung EVO SSD | 128 Samsung SSD | Antec 650W | ProTools 11.3.2HD, 10.3.9HD, 12.5 | Cubase 9.0.20 Pro | Nuendo 8 | Studio One 3.2 Pro | RME UFX | 2x Octopre Mkii Dynamic | Alphatrack | DTouch | Logitech G510 | Kensington Trackball | Yamaha UX256
Old 11-12-2016, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChazC View Post
and I simply hate the mixer GUI.
For me, the Mixer is everything. I guess we all have different bread and butter features, but as for now I'm just loving the PT Mix Window
Old 11-12-2016, 11:29 AM

Why not use MIDI in DP and mix in PT? Use the tool you think best for each job.
SonoBus
Source-Connect: brucehayward
Options for Remote Direction

Last edited by The Weed; 11-13-2016 at 11:31 AM.
Old 11-12-2016, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Weed View Post
Why no use MIDI in DP and mix in PT? Use the tool you think best for each job.
Some do that, but it's also nice to have everything under one roof.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 11-12-2016, 04:24 PM

HDX for sessions and Core Audio for desktop needs Both need help.

HD12.6:Mac Pro 2010 Same session.
Pro Tools HD / HDX= inappropriate - Hang or errors
Pro Tools HD / MOTU Firewire = runs without issue.

HDX-Omni may be heading out.
Old 11-12-2016, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Weed View Post
Why no use MIDI in DP and mix in PT? Use the tool you think best for each job.

Unfortunately, for a lot of us, using another DAW for MIDI isn't a viable option because Core Audio is broken. But that's not really the point. Sure, we can probably use rewire and Reason or some other solution to get things working but we shouldn't need to.
We're not talking about using another tool because it's best for the job. We're talking about having to use another tool because the one that we have been provided with is broken, and we paid a lot of money for a broken tool. If Protools was advertised and sold as a program that didn't offer Midi functionality than the argument to use the best tool for the job would be reasonable.
But that's not the case. Protools is marketed and sold as a product that can suit the needs of a modern music maker and MIDI functionality is part of that advertised and documented package.
There are problems/bugs with MIDI in PT that inhibit any kind of smooth workflow. We shouldn't have to entertain the idea of opening up another DAW.
Old 11-12-2016, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
For me, the Mixer is everything. I guess we all have different bread and butter features, but as for now I'm just loving the PT Mix Window
Same for me , I think the mix window is what makes Pro Tools stand out above the rest and their respective mix windows .
It is so easy on the eye with all the info you need there right in front of you and uncluttered also with all your groups just to the left within easy reach.

One thing i'd like to see (in a dream) is to just see the VCA faders lined up next to each other and with a double mouse click on an empty space in the VCA fader would see those tracks instantly expand (and reveal) what is contained within that VCA .., then to hide them - just double click on any track within that VCA group and they then just reduce back to the VCA fader .., I think that would be even faster option for on the fly adjustments and scrolling (but still maintain the groups list also even though it accomplishes the same thing)
Pro Tools 2021.6.0 Native * Slate Raven MTi-1 Version 3.9.1 * AVID MBox3 Pro * OSX Mojave 10.14.6 * MAC PRO (late 2013) * 3.0 GHz 10-Core Intel Xeon E5 * 64 GB Ram 1866 MHz DDR * AMD FirePro D700 6GB * Lacie LBD 1TB Thunderbolt 2 PCiE * Blackmagic Multidock Thunderbolt2 * Samsung SSD's 850 Pro * WD Black HDD's

Last edited by Seafoam_Green; 11-12-2016 at 08:19 PM.