Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-26-2012, 10:01 AM

Default Missing Audio Suite Plugins PT8

Just installed pt8, upgrading from 7.3. Everything was ok in 7.3 but now that i Updated I am having a problem.

I have no audio suite plug ins from the drop down menu. I seems to show that I have them in the plug in folder but still they are not showing up, am i missing something here?

Let me say this, When I first got the software, i had to automatically update the Mac, to snow leopard. That went easy fast and fine. I then put the pt 8 software in and after about 45 min it finally went through, toward the end it said "Failed". I did some homework with avid and I had to download the combo pack 8.0.3. Download that,.. with the disc in,.. and it gave me the pro tools icon. Toward the end of that download it said "failed". So i closed out all boxes and click the pt icon to see if it would start up, and it did! But there are no plug ins. I uninstalled and reinstalled and the same thing mentioned above happened. "Failed". So any thoughts on what the hell is going on. . . ?? i want to think the pt is ok since its on my computer, but i have no plug ins so i want to think something is wrong at the same time.. Does anyone have a clue to why this is happening??? This has been going on for 3 days now, and i cant find any help any where. Please help?!!!
Old 02-26-2012, 06:23 PM

Default Re: Missing Audio Suite Plugins PT8

You should follow the compatibility link above as I don't think PT8 is compatible with SL

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 02-27-2012, 06:09 AM

I upgraded the pt to 8.0.5 I thought that was compatible with SN, So i was told, anyways.. Any other ideas?
Old 02-27-2012, 08:20 AM

Firstly, Jayles, according to your profile you only have 2 GB RAM. It's my understanding that at least 4 GB is recommended to run Pro Tools.

Also according to your profile you have OSX 10.6.3 which IS compatible with versions 8.0.4 and up according to the compatibility chart.

My suggestion, though, is maybe upgrade your RAM and then re-install version 8.0.5. Your system probably just doesn't currently have the resources to include the plugins you're missing in a running session.
320 GB HD
2x 1TB Firewire 800 HD

MBOX 2
ProTools 8 LE
Old 02-27-2012, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shisty View Post
Firstly, Jayles, according to your profile you only have 2 GB RAM. It's my understanding that at least 4 GB is recommended to run Pro Tools.

Also according to your profile you have OSX 10.6.3 which IS compatible with versions 8.0.4 and up according to the compatibility chart.

My suggestion, though, is maybe upgrade your RAM and then re-install version 8.0.5. Your system probably just doesn't currently have the resources to include the plugins you're missing in a running session.

Thats very strange, before I updated to pt 8 I was running 7.3 with out a problem. So, I dont know if it has something to do with that,... I will look into that but thats very odd if you need 4 gb of ram, just to update it.