Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)

Old 11-02-2011, 06:15 PM

Default What should I do?

Hey Guys, I haven't been on this forum for a long while. Guess the upgrade to PT HD Native was worth while. Completely flawless and reliable in my opinion!

Here's my dillemna. I'm in the UK so i'm not sure how the prices all relate to the US prices etc.

I just did the "amazing upgrade deal" on a 192 8x8x8 for the avid 8x8x8 io. Haven't heard it yet but i'm told the converters are miles better than the blue interfaces.

I also rather cleverly purchased an 96io on ebay before Avid dropped the "Bombshell" on us all that Blue interfaces wont work after PT10. Simply wonderful! not..

Anyway, I have been offered a second chance offer on another 96io for £300 and I have just purchased a c24.

Is it worth my while getting another 96io, or trading up to another avid io e.g. the 16x16 analog for an arm and a leg extra? Or are there any other deals people could point me towards which I am missing.

haha another thing I was a little annoyed about was I got a free copy of Heat but can't use it on Native! Guess I can sell it, but I wanna use it! grrrr

Avid please make HEAT RTAS or AAX Native for us Native users please! You would definitely go up in my books
Old 11-02-2011, 07:19 PM

Default Re: What should I do?

I think that you should give me the 96 that you have now cuz I'm such a nice guy.. thereby relieving yourself of that nasty burden of having to decide to spend more money or not..

You will wake up smiling and refreshed each day and full of optimism..

Better than vitamins I tell ya..

What I found when I got there,
was that I couldn't stay away!

Hobo Shave!
Old 11-03-2011, 04:42 AM

Default Re: What should I do?

Aw bless you.

Think ima gonna have to use Avid's "brilliant" upgrade path to sort this out