Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)

Old 12-28-2017, 03:00 PM

Default Omni firmware question

Hi all, just got some new gear but forgot adapters. I am at one studio with a PTHD 8.11 TDM system and about to go to our new spot and set up HDN with a mac pro 5.1. I got the omni HDN bundle but want to use the omni with the TDM system and use the 2 Lynxs Aurora 16s that I use with the TDM rig with the HDN system. But I forgot to buy the adapters. If I set up the HDN with the omni, then try to use the omni with TDM 8.11 with I have firmware issues? Will I have to down grade the omni firmware or will it not matter?

thanks!

www.sugarhillstudios713.com
Old 12-29-2017, 04:24 PM

Default Re: Omni firmware question

anyone?

Old 12-31-2017, 06:57 PM

So I am guessing that the firmware is backwards compatible? I shouldn't have any issues?

Old 01-01-2018, 09:13 AM

I thought for sure that somebody would have had an answer by now The only thing I can suggest is; from my own experience with firmware on 002 and 003, it would ask if I wanted to "update" if the hardware had newer firmware than the software(PT) expected, but I just skipped it and never had any issues

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 01-03-2018, 07:00 PM

That's a great idea albee, I will possibly try that if needed. Thank you for the suggestion!! I was also thinking, rightly or wrongly, when someone sells a newer Avid interface and uses it with an older version of PT, that there would be problems and those people would post about those problems but that doesn't seem to be happening so perhaps I am being a little gun shy concerning this. I have been fairly busy so I haven't had a chance to fully put together the HDN rig and the adapters are on the way so I will probably just wait it out.

Old 01-04-2018, 07:57 AM

I have watched this thread and am guessing that like me very few if any are trying to use and Omni for both current HDN and a legacy TDM system. So like me have no first hand knowledge if it will work. I can say that the current drivers are simply listed as HD Driver and I assume will work for both HDN or HDX but as for TDM it is a good question ??????

Enjoy the Journey
.... Kev...
Old 01-04-2018, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Roche View Post
I have watched this thread and am guessing that like me very few if any are trying to use and Omni for both current HDN and a legacy TDM system. So like me have no first hand knowledge if it will work. I can say that the current drivers are simply listed as HD Driver and I assume will work for both HDN or HDX but as for TDM it is a good question ??????
well I was just going to use the HDN and omni together once to set it up and then only use the omni with the TDM system