Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-05-2011, 02:30 PM

Default No download link available? HELP please

Recently purchased a digi 003 factory and an Eleven Rack after I read they are compatible with Windows 7

Of course, as usual, this is untrue when talking about the software that actually arrives with Avid's products. As aa long time Protools LE user I fully expected this.

When I go to the LE 8.04 download page to get the product that IS compatible, I cannot find a single link to actually download the product.

Can anyone advise me where I am failing to look to find the download. and please don't send me

http://avid.custkb.com/avid/app/self...p?DocId=364971

or

http://avid.custkb.com/avid/app/self...p?DocId=365003

without a specific reference to where the link is because I can't find it
Old 01-05-2011, 10:44 PM

Default Re: No download link available? HELP please

Click on:
View Available Downloads
http://avid.custkb.com/avid/app/self...p?DocId=365003
Old 01-05-2011, 10:56 PM
Administrator

If the "View Available Downloads" link fails to open (if you have Javascript disabled for instance), then right-click on the link and choose Open in New Window or Open in New Tab.
Old 01-06-2011, 06:58 AM

If you note in the original post, I have visited the suggested link many times. Navigation works fine and JavaScript is enabled. There does not appear to be an actual download link on that page.

As requested in the original post please help me find the link on that page with specific instructions as to where it is ON THE PAGE referenced.

The text from the referenced link (365003) follows: If yopu can visit the actual 365003 thread (a copy of which appears below) and help me find where the actual download link is. As I noted in Red below several candidate links do not connect to any software download.

Avid Knowledge Base

Home
Search
Chinese English

Pro Tools LE 8.0.4 Update for Windows [365003]

Table Of Contents
Section

View Available Downloads
Pro Tools LE 8.0.4 Update for Windows

July 7, 2010

Pro Tools LE 8.0.4 is a free update for all Pro Tools 8 owners with Mbox 2 Family, 003 Family, Digi 002 Family, and Eleven Rack Pro Tools LE interfaces. Pro Tools 8.0.4 provides many fixes, as well as official Windows 7 support. For a list of fixes in Pro Tools 8.0.4, download the following PDF:
For more information about Pro Tools 8.0.4, please see the Products / Pro Tools / What's New section:
For additional downloads and information, please see the Pro Tools 8.0.4 summary page:

Pro Tools LE 8.0.4 for Windows supports the following operating systems:
  • Windows XP Service Pack 3 (Home or Professional, 32-bit)
  • Windows Vista Service Pack 2 (32-bit)
  • Windows 7 (32 and 64-bit)

Not Compatible
Pro Tools 8.0.3 software (and higher) does not support some retired products, including:
  • Original Mbox (all Mbox 2 family devices are supported)
Please read the EOSS (End of Software Support) Announcements for more information, including links to Pro Tools 8.0.1 updates for original Mbox users.

Please Note:
Pro Tools 8.0.4 software will be the last version of Pro Tools to support the following:
  • Avid Pro Tools software on Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Operating System
  • Avid Pro Tools software on Windows Vista Operating System
  • Avid Pro Tools LE and M-Powered software on Windows XP Operating System
Please read the EOSS (End of Software Support) Announcements for more information.

Installation Instructions

The download on this page is an updater. You must have Pro Tools LE 8.0, 8.0.1 or 8.0.3 (or any CS releases for those versions) already installed on your computer to use this updater.
  1. Download the Pro Tools 8.0.4 Updater from this page
  2. Verify that Pro Tools 8.0-8.0.3 is already installed on your system
  3. Launch the Pro Tools 8.0.4 Updater and follow onscreen instructions

Windows 7 Additional Installation Instructions

Caution: When installing a version prior to Pro Tools 8.0.4 on a Windows 7 machine, DO NOT plug in your LE device when the installer instructs you to do so. This could cause installation errors. Users should install Pro Tools LE 8.0.x without their device plugged in, then use the 8.0.4 updater and follow onscreen instructions, plugging in their LE peripheral when instructed.

Removing Beta Drivers: The Pro Tools LE 8.0.4 Updater does not remove and update the drivers to 8.0.4 if the Windows 7 beta drivers (v8.0.4b) are installed. For customers who have been using the Windows 7 Audio Drivers (Beta) for Pro Tools LE 8.0.3:
  • Users who installed the Windows 7 Audio Drivers (Beta) for Pro Tools LE 8.0.3 should manually remove the Avid Audio Drivers via Programs and Features in the Windows 7 control panel before running the 8.0.4 updater.
  • If the system has been upgraded with the Beta drivers still installed, remove the 8.0.4b Beta drivers via Programs and Features in the Windows 7 control panel and then run the updater again to repair the installation.
CyberLink DVD Suite: When running the Pro Tools installer on a Windows 7 machine that also has DVD Suite software (by CyberLink) installed, it is recommended that you uninstall DVD Suite prior to the Pro Tools installation as having DVD Suite installed can cause the Pro Tools installation to fail. Once Pro Tools is installed, DVD Suite can then be reinstalled as this issue only affects the installation of Pro Tools.

View Available Downloads

Optional Software Downloads
Links to downloads and installation instructions for owners of optional software, plug-ins, toolkits, MP3 Option, DigiTranslator, and more:

iZotope Updates Required

For AudioSuite compatibility with Pro Tools 8.0.4, users of iZotope plug-ins should download the latest versions from the iZotope website:

Thanks guys
Old 01-06-2011, 08:02 AM

For me, clicking on View Available Downloads does in fact take me to the downloads.
I suggest that you try using an alternate browser and see if that helps your situation.
Old 01-06-2011, 04:31 PM

Worked thank you guys