Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Digidesign Hardware & Software
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2002, 09:49 AM

Default Sample Cell and Windows XP ..... Will it ever happen?

So I'm totally excited about PTLE 5.3 and Windows XP working together finally but yet I find myself back in the same position I was when they didn't work. Not only do I have the 5.3 and XP but I also have a sample cell card. Imagine my disappointment when I found out that my Sample Cell card wouldn't work under XP. So here I am with 3 good products but only 2 can work together. When will I ever win? Can the people at Digidesign help me out here? I've been a fan of the Digidesign name for as long as I can remember so using their products now to do my work is the best but I would like to use all of them at the same time under the same OS. It would only make sense. Help me out Digidesign!!!! Don't fail me now!!!!

Sincerely
David C. Chin
Old 06-23-2002, 03:09 PM

Default Re: Sample Cell and Windows XP ..... Will it ever happen?

couldnt you just find an old pc just to run the samplecell?

Bastiaan
Old 06-24-2002, 10:23 AM

The whole point is I want all of my equipment to work together. XP Protools LE and Sample Cell would be a killer combination. We're talking stability here my friend and that is what I am looking for in my music production. You are also talking about putting together another system to run my sample cell when they should all work together. Why go through the issue of making another system when I have one right here right now that should be used for everything?
Old 06-24-2002, 03:27 PM

But i am a bit afraid digidesign will not support the sample cell card anymore. They are selling them for $199.......i think that's a sign

Bastiaan
Old 07-26-2002, 04:24 PM

WHY DON'T YOU JUST GO GET A MAC AND EVERYTHING WILL WORK JUST FINE...DOES FOR ME [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]