Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-2016, 04:57 AM

Default Is Pro Tools LE 8 authorization # the Iok number?

I have Pro Tools LE 8 with Digi 002 rack. I'm trying to find out what my ILOK account number is. Is it the same number as the LE 8 authorization number?
If not, what is the ilk number and how can I find out what the number is. Thank you!
Old 07-06-2016, 09:04 AM

Default Re: Is Pro Tools LE 8 authorization # the Iok number?

Pro Tools 8LE does not use an iLok. You might have optional plugins/plugin bundles that do use an iLok.

But no an iLok account *name* (not number) has nothing to do with a Pro Tools authorization number. That should be in an authorization card that came with your Pro Tools LE system/interface.

When/where did you buy the 002 and what are you trying to do?

If you brought a system with a used iLok with it you need to get the seller to give you the iLok account info and password. Ideally they should have transferred stuff to your own iLok account.

Pro Tools 8LE is so old now, are you working in a supported OS version? You may be better off on Pro Tools 10, 11 or even (currently buggy for many) 12.
Old 07-06-2016, 09:11 AM

I purchased the Digi 002 rack through ebay a number of years ago with LE 7 and then I upgraded to LE8. I'm trying to transfer ownership to someone else and on the form theres a spot for Ilok number which has to be filled in.

I had thought years ago I did set up a ilok number but again it was years ago. I don't think I can transfer this without the ilok number.
Old 07-06-2016, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomyco View Post
I purchased the Digi 002 rack through ebay a number of years ago with LE 7 and then I upgraded to LE8. I'm trying to transfer ownership to someone else and on the form theres a spot for Ilok number which has to be filled in.

I had thought years ago I did set up a ilok number but again it was years ago. I don't think I can transfer this without the ilok number.
Are you using an iLok? Trying to also transfer optional plugins licensed by that iLok? If you have a 002 with no actual iLok for optional bundled plugins etc. do not worry about this, there is no iLok involved. Try to enter "none" or similar or contact Avid support if their system is being anal. OTOH I am not sure what transferring an old 002 actually gains you or the purchaser. There is no warranty, there is no help, Pro Tools LE downloads are available outside of an Avid account, this has never affected the ability to crossgrade Pro Tools, etc.