Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 01-25-2006, 01:38 PM

Default Mute / Volume Fader Unresponsive

Hey DUC!

I am running 6.4 with a 001. I have been having issues with the mutes and volume faders being unresponsive at times. Example:

* I mute an audio track and press play ------- track does not mute (I can still hear audio track)
* During playback I unmute then mute(again) the audio track ------ the track does mute

also

* During playback the volume faders do not effect volume level (only on some audio tracks)
* I have to stop playback, make volume adjustment, then restart playback to hear the change I made

I have checked my both my Volume and Mute automation and there is none.

A search on the DUC and Answerbase didn't provide a solution I could find.
Does anyone have any ideas?

cheers
Andrew
Old 01-25-2006, 01:44 PM

Default Re: Mute / Volume Fader Unresponsive

Are you using Reason in this particular session?

Do you have the 6.4cs9 program update and the 6.4cs6 plugin update installed? (not saying this is going to solve your problem, but it is usually a good idea to have all of the cs updates installed to rule out any bug fixes that are included in them).

I remember having this issue way back when, but unfortunately I think the fix for it is in the upgrade to 6.7 (though I could be wrong about that), which won't work for the 001. Sorry.

Studio rig: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R, Intel i7 920, 6GB Patriot DDR3, NVidia 8600GS, LG GGW-H20L BD-RE, Sony CRX195E1 CD-RW, 2x WD Caviar black 640GB (os swap), 1x WD caviar 320GB (sessions), 1x Maxtor 120GB (sessions), 1x Seagate 1TB (samples/loops), Profire2626, Command8, PT12 on OSX

Mobile Rig: 2015 MacBook Pro Retina, Apollo Twin, PT12
Old 01-25-2006, 02:09 PM

Hey Shawn!

You guessed it. I am running Reason 3.0 in this session. I have both of those updates installed.

I don't recall having any problems using Reason 2.5 (or if there were any they were few). I hope that there is a workaround other than buying a 002, 002R, or Mbox to get the upgraded software (not crossing my fingers). I was just thinking to myself the other day that 6.4 was working so well with my 001 that I started upgrading my micpre's instead of saving for new Digi hardware......oops!

Do you think a reinstall might help? I wil give it a try later tonight.

Thanks anyways!
Andrew
Old 01-25-2006, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Do you think a reinstall might help?
Nope. If I remember correctly (it's been a loooong time since I used 6.4), there was no way around it, and it's intermittent. I had the problem with 2.5, long before 3.0 came out.

Studio rig: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R, Intel i7 920, 6GB Patriot DDR3, NVidia 8600GS, LG GGW-H20L BD-RE, Sony CRX195E1 CD-RW, 2x WD Caviar black 640GB (os swap), 1x WD caviar 320GB (sessions), 1x Maxtor 120GB (sessions), 1x Seagate 1TB (samples/loops), Profire2626, Command8, PT12 on OSX

Mobile Rig: 2015 MacBook Pro Retina, Apollo Twin, PT12
Old 01-29-2006, 07:37 PM

I have had this problem with PT v. 7 lately and the tech support people were not sure what to do. I had severe midi broadcasting and none of my mutes worked at all. When I tried to record audio I was getting stuff from tracks I didn't know I even had. I think I finally fixed it somehow and here is what I did:
1) I rebooted the computer and everything else.
2) I started a new session and imported all the old MIDI and audio tracks
3) I clicked on the "notes" button and went into mute mode, sustain mode, and volume mode behind my MIDI and audio tracks and highligted the entire track from back to front to delete all those [bleep] little break points that can get in there when you are fooling around with mutes and volume settings. My feeling about this is that too many break points, especially random old ones in the mute graphic mode confuse the software until things no longer work right.
4) Then I selected all tracks to "show" and double checked that all mute settings would click on and off with the mute button as they should. At the beginning of the track if you select the first breakpoint with the pointing finger, the line will tell you if mute is on or unmuted. MUted is high and unmuted is low. I again manually deleted all break points on the entire graphic line if the track mute button didn't move that mute line graphic up and down visually on the track. BE sure to highlite from end to beginning as this is much faster than from beginning to end for some reason.

I did not reinstall anything. Good luck.