Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments

Old 08-11-2008, 07:55 AM

Default Xpand Problem

Since I am using MAC OSX Leopard, I downloaded the latest version of Xpand. When I went to play it, I received an error in the first module about a missing .dat file. I'm assuming that I am missing the sounds. How do I correct this problem? Thanks in advance.

MAC Pro 2.8 GHz Quad Core (Mid-2010), 32 GB RAM, , OSX 10.12.6, ProTools 12.8.4 HD, 002R Interface, C24 Controller
Old 08-11-2008, 08:00 AM

You can't usually download xpand. The files are 700mb in total so Digi has it in the digistore for abot $10 I think on disc.

Might be the problem.

Old 08-11-2008, 09:02 AM

I have the original disc but I dont think it will load with Leopard. What's the procedure, then?

MAC Pro 2.8 GHz Quad Core (Mid-2010), 32 GB RAM, , OSX 10.12.6, ProTools 12.8.4 HD, 002R Interface, C24 Controller
Old 08-12-2008, 04:25 AM

you have to copy the Xpand folder (containing the .dat file) onto your harddisk (content is usually located inside the Digidesign folder) and then run the "set content location" tool.
Old 08-19-2008, 02:51 PM

I've run into this problem too...xpand worked fine on my old system but I recently got a new mac and installed everything, now xpand can't find .dat-file but the .dat-file is in the same location as the old protools-system.

I downloaded the Leopard-upgrade but it didn't fix it.

Where is this "set content location" tool?

It's nowhere on my HD...
Old 09-10-2008, 03:17 AM

Default Re: Xpand Problem

Should be on your Xpand DVD or inside your contentent folder
Old 09-10-2008, 03:30 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by iMartin View Post
Where is this "set content location" tool?
You can download Set Xpand! Content Location (Mac & Windows) from the Xpand downloads section, just below the updaters:
www.digidesign.com/air/xpand
Old 09-10-2008, 04:49 AM

After installing the new update I had a problem where I could not use the pre set patches for Xpand!, even after resetting the Root settings folder and using the contents location application.

I decided to re install by deleting everything with xpand next to it. eg. Xpand!.Dat, Xpand! instrument library etc.

but when I try to install Xpand! from the the CD the installation program says...

You cannot install Digidesign Xpand! Setup on this volume. A newer version of this software already exists on this volume.

The only xpand! folders I have left are settings from project folders.

i don't know what else I can do?
Old 11-09-2008, 08:18 AM

hi,

I've installed the Protools LE 7.4.2 (for Mac OSX Leopard) instead of using the CD which is Protools LE 7.4 (not for Leopard). Then I downloaded Xpand!_1.0.3_Update_OSX from Digidesign plug-in website which is for Leopard.

I did the following and it works! (after trying all sorts of ways to get it to work) - hope that will help you too. :)

1) First, install Xpand! from the CD (1.0.1.989 that is not compatible with Leopard). This is so that I can have the Xpand!.dat file set up - that's what is needed.

2) Now, I need to upgrade Xpand! to the one that is compatible with Leopard for Protools 7.4.2 - i.e. Xpand!_1.0.3_Update_OSX that has been downloaded. To do that:

- Move the xpand!.dpm (old version - i.e. 1.0.1.989) from library>Application Support>Digidesign>Plug-ins to library>Application Support>Digidesign>Plug-ins (Unused).

- do NOT delete the Xpand!.dat (i.e. leave it in the usual place at library>Application Support>Digidesign>Xpand!>Xpand!.dat

3) then install the Xpand!_1.0.3_Update_OSX

And Xpand! now works!!
Old 03-19-2009, 05:24 PM

Hello I found an easy way to solve the "missing patches" problem here's what i did:

With the newest version of Xpand! (1.0.3) i just insterted my Installation Disc, de one who comes with PT box, and copy Xpand! Folder... the one that is on Xpand! Folder and paste it on Library>Application Support>Digidesign>Plugin Settings.

And i just copy , just in case, the Set Xpand! Content Location app into Library>Application Support>Digidesign

And now all my presets are there again

I Hope this could help you, cheers!