Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 10-03-2003, 10:16 AM

Default Waves install

Greetings!

First post! It's a question, and apparently a stupid one since a search of 'answerbase' and DUC failed to reveal results. Please bear with me. I recently up/cross graded from digi 001 Factory/PC to 002/Mac. Few hiccups, but mostly pleasurable.
Anyway I got my waves upgrade installed and authorized, however the waves plugs don't appear in my Protools session.
Do I have to place the (waves) folder(s) in a certain location?
Do I have to 'connect' in Protools? Could iLok be an issue?
I have the original I received with my '001 Factory' installed, and I do get occasional messages that I have an unsupported USB device. Not sure whether iLok is working for or against me at this point. Anyway, seems like the Waves install/upgrade should have happened automatically. Can't fathom how I might have screwed it up. Looks like everything is there. ..

Any advice/input appreciated.

Thanks, and great to be here.

Digi 002
Pro Tools LE Ver. 6.1
Bundle 2.0 (Amplitube, Sampletank, D-fi, Maxim)

MAC G4 DP 1.2
768 Meg Ram
80 Gig system drive
120 Gig audio drive

Midisport 2X2 USB
Old 10-03-2003, 10:23 AM

Default Re: Waves install

This might be your problem. THe waves version you have is old and will not work on OSX. If so, you will need to negotiate with THEM about upgrading, but will it will likely cost you $$. Hope that helps.

Keep Making the MUSIC
Old 10-03-2003, 05:10 PM

Thanks. I believe I have the latest version. Was allowed to upgrade at waves.com since I had bought my 001 w/in the last year. Did the challenge, response, authorized etc.

BTW apologize for the itchy trigger finger (two identical posts). I wanted to do some editing and didn't realize I had passed the point of no return...first time and all..:-]

Thanks
Old 10-03-2003, 05:16 PM

You need to make sure the Waveshell-DAE file is in your plug-ins folder. It should have been installed there when you ran the Waves installer. You'll also want to go back to the waves site and download WaveShell-DAE 4.0.1_X - the new 4.0.1 version fixes some problems with random noises generated in ProTools. Replace the original WaveShell in your plug-ins folder with the new one.

If you moved your waves plug-ins folder since you ran the installer, ProTools will prompt you to locate the folder during launch. If you're still having problems, contact waves support through their website.
Old 10-03-2003, 05:30 PM

Thanks. Much obliged. I put a help request into waves. Will check the other right now.

Cheers
Old 10-04-2003, 02:49 PM

I down loaded the latest DAE from Waves (4.0.1_X). I tried placing it and/or DAE 4.0_9 in every folder from the protools root, down into the plug in alias folder. Still no Waves.

Side note, 'Waves' hasn't responded to my support request yet either.

Any other thoughts?

Old 10-05-2003, 05:44 AM

I recently installed a demo of the Ren Maxx bundle & the Transform bundle.
I noticed the ren maxx bundle installed "WaveShell-DAE 4.0_X"
while the transform bundle installed "WaveShell-DAE 4.3_X" moving the previoulsy
installed waveshell to the moved items folder so when running protools the transform bundle
would show up while ren maxx would not. Once i moved the "WaveShell-DAE 4.0_X" back to the
plug-ins folder along with the "WaveShell-DAE 4.3_X" both bundles were available in protools.
Old 10-05-2003, 08:53 AM

This is slightly off topic, but after installing my Waves Platinum Bundle, I found that Final Cut Pro 4.0.2 wouldn't start. For whatever reason, the Waves installer puts an AU driver in /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components folder, which FCP chokes on and causes it to quit during loading.

Per Apple's instructions, I trashed it and both FCP and PTLE now live in harmony - - which is good since I do mostly post production video sound stuff