Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS

Old 10-17-2018, 05:22 PM

Default In a rush I clicked "move to trash" when cleaning up unused clips in a session...

Is all hope lost? It wasn't just a few tracks, it was the entire session. I was low on track count and was bouncing an instrumental down to a two track to program drums to. I did a save as, and imported the two track in to the new session, and then selected every track and deleted it. For whatever reason I figured I'd clean out the audio bin as well, because it was HUUUGE. And then I accidentally hit move to trash instead of remove from session.

This was 5 days of work. It was already approved by the label and the thought of recreating it seems like an immensely daunting task.

Please let there be a solution!

EDIT: I guess in my panic I didn't think of the obvious... looking in the trash can on my mac. Grabbed all the wav files and drug them back in to the audio folder for the session. Back in business!!
32 GB Ram
Syphony i/o 8x8
Old 10-17-2018, 05:31 PM

Default Re: In a rush I clicked "move to trash" when cleaning up unused clips in a session...

I'm assuming you emptied the trash? If not, your files should still be there and you might be able to restore them using a session backup, or at least pull each clip into the session and spot them to the correct timestamp.

I'm also assuming you don't have a backup of the session? We've all done it and lost data, but you can never have too many backups!

If you've emptied the trash bin and have no backups, you'll have to use some kind of data recovery software and you MIGHT be able to recover the lost files. Don't continue to write to that drive as your lost data could be overwritten.

Pro Tools 2024.3
Focusrite LS56
Focusrite Pro40 (3)
Slate Digital VRS8
Analogue Tonebuss 24 Channel
UAD-2 OCTO Core Accelerator
UAD Volt 2
macOS 10.15.7
32 GB DDR4 RAM
4.01GHz Quad-Core Intel Core I7
NVIDIA GeForce GT 740 2 GB