Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS

Old 01-26-2011, 05:06 AM

Default Getting regular "missing Ilok" message after upgrading to V9

Hello all,

I've just upgraded PT HD from 8.1 to 9.0.1 and am now getting, every hour or so, a message saying "Error, missing Ilok authorization for PTHD9. After dismissing this dialog, PT will allow you to save your session and then quit".
I save the session, PT quits and, when I relaunch the app', everything goes back to normal for a while (until the next error shows up...).

I'm using the exact same Ilok2 (provided with a recent 8.1 upgrade and a HD3 Pci to PCIe crossgrade) that I was using with version 8.1 and it used to work just fine.
Anybody else experiencing this very annoying and time consuming bug?...

I've contacted AVID's support and am waiting for an answer but, meanwhile, as I've just read that, in many cases, AVID says the Full installer should be used instead of the simple upgrade, I'm downloading it right now.

Question is why is AVID providing an upgrade if they know it doesn't work in most cases?...
And another question is: does anybody knows if I have to desinstall PT9 before re-running the full installer?

Thanks for any advice/experience/help.
Mat
Old 01-26-2011, 05:14 AM

Default Re: Getting regular "missing Ilok" message after upgrading to V9

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD2 View Post
Hello all,

I've just upgraded PT HD from 8.1 to 9.0.1 and am now getting, every hour or so, a message saying "Error, missing Ilok authorization for PTHD9. After dismissing this dialog, PT will allow you to save your session and then quit".
I save the session, PT quits and, when I relaunch the app', everything goes back to normal for a while (until the next error shows up...).

I'm using the exact same Ilok2 (provided with a recent 8.1 upgrade and a HD3 Pci to PCIe crossgrade) that I was using with version 8.1 and it used to work just fine.
Anybody else experiencing this very annoying and time consuming bug?...

I've contacted AVID's support and am waiting for an answer but, meanwhile, as I've just read that, in many cases, AVID says the Full installer should be used instead of the simple upgrade, I'm downloading it right now.

Question is why is AVID providing an upgrade if they know it doesn't work in most cases?...
And another question is: does anybody knows if I have to desinstall PT9 before re-running the full installer?

Thanks for any advice/experience/help.
Mat

Since your having a problem I would un install rather than overwriting the existing install. I'm assuming you did the normal routine of repairing disk permissions and possibly trashing prefs? You might try downloading the latest PACE drivers from iLok.com but my understanding is that the PT9 installer has the latest driver.

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88
Old 01-26-2011, 07:01 AM

Thanks.
I have no problem re-installing from scratch except for the plugins. I'm not gonna spend hours reinstalling them one by one. But I think there's an option that keeps them in place (along with some other extensions).
Anyway, I had a first reply from AVID and am now waiting for another.
To be continued...

PS: and yes, I did the usual repair authorization. As far as trashing prefs, I don't really do that anymore, IMHO it's a thing from the past and it won't help in most cases (including that one).
Old 01-26-2011, 07:37 AM

I assume the upgrade process you did included the part of putting in your hd serial and ilok account info... then as you hopefully know a ilok asset for pro tools 9 will be deposited into your ilok account that you then have to put on an ilok.

if of course you already did the step to add the pt9 ilok from your ilok account to your actual ilok. . then I have no idea whats wrong.

System
MacPro 12 Core • 24 G Ram • 10.12.6
PT 12.8.1 • Mbox 3 Pro • Plug-ins Verified
4 HD • OS ssd | Audio ssd | Sample Library ssd | Storage
MAXPower eSATA 6G Card • Wiebetech RTX100H-Q
Kensington Trackball Works/Orbit Optical
Bluetooth off/Airport on and off.
Old 01-26-2011, 08:48 AM

I'm not sure what you mean...
But if you're asking me whether I've downloaded the pending licence on my Ilok, then yes I have...
Otherwise, PT wouldn't even launch you know?...
Thanks anyway.

Administrator of Brotools, free online tutorials for the french Pro Tools user.
Old 01-26-2011, 12:46 PM

BTW, when I said "desinstall", I meant "uninstall"....
Sorry for the bad english...

Administrator of Brotools, free online tutorials for the french Pro Tools user.