Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2017, 10:38 PM

Default Soundtoys on sale

Got an email from soundtoys for a black Friday sale on Thursday the 23rd for anyone who is interested.

Last edited by 64GTOBOY; 11-22-2017 at 11:25 PM.
Old 11-23-2017, 04:57 AM

Default Re: Soundtoys on sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by 64GTOBOY View Post
Got an email from soundtoys for a black Friday sale on Thursday the 23rd for anyone who is interested.
What's interesting is even the recent freebie reverb qualifies for getting a discount. For example I have EchoBoy and before I got the reverb when Soundtoys had a sale it would cost $175 to go full boat and with the reverb it'll cost $155 to get all the plugins. Kind of torn as there's a bunch of stuff in the package I don't need or want; about the only thing that floats my boat is FilterFreak.

QAPLA!
Old 11-23-2017, 06:09 AM

When I logged in it told me I could get the suite upgrade for 75.00. Then it asks you to give up licenses. It would keep giving me different prices then once it had the 75 in the price but as I was filling out CC info the price went up.. total bait and switch BS the lowest price so far is 100 by clicking on and off the licenses to give up..
Old 11-23-2017, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonzerboy View Post
When I logged in it told me I could get the suite upgrade for 75.00. Then it asks you to give up licenses. It would keep giving me different prices then once it had the 75 in the price but as I was filling out CC info the price went up.. total bait and switch BS the lowest price so far is 100 by clicking on and off the licenses to give up..
You have to give up 2 licences and wait for the price to update, then give up the next licenses one at the time and wait every time for the price to be updated. Now, be prepared to wait half an hour for the PayPal window to show up. My upgrade was only $55
Old 11-23-2017, 06:34 AM

Their trade-in option is cool indeed, so I jumped in for the collection for $95, including the little plate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 11-23-2017, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amagras View Post
You have to give up 2 licences and wait for the price to update, then give up the next licenses one at the time and wait every time for the price to be updated. Now, be prepared to wait half an hour for the PayPal window to show up. My upgrade was only $55
I don't think the wait is for the PayPal server but on the Soundtoys server end. Their site is responding abysmally slow - literally 5+ minutes for a screen to refresh. Logged in (which took 2 minutes on it's own) and selected 'upgrade to Soundtoys 5' the next screen comes up but has not much on it except the barebones Soundtoys background but nothing about the upgrade. And Firefox shows 'done' on the bottom left.

Remember that their server was down for a few hours yesterday for maintenance. I'll wait and check back tomorrow.

If you're only looking for single plugins save yourselves a few bucks and go to Audio Deluxe. Once logged in and a product is put in your cart you get a few bucks off. IIRC for Filterfreak it was about a $7 discount from the $69.

QAPLA!
Old 11-23-2017, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amagras View Post
Wow, glad I read this. I was going to just flat out give up and not buy anything when the price kept going up every time I added more plugins to surrender. I'm not sure if this is an intentional money grab or bad website programming, but it isn't helping their sales at all.

If a MIDI event triggers a sample of a tree falling and there's no one there to hear it, does it make a sound?