Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 03-01-2003, 08:46 PM

Default Change tempo and make the audio move?

Hello,

I'd like to be able to change the tempo of my sequence so I can slow it down to work on detailed drum programming. Thing is when I change tempo the audio stays at the same spot on the grid. Is there a way to make the audio realign itself to produce the same timing but at a slower tempo?

Thanks!
Old 03-01-2003, 08:50 PM

Default Re: Change tempo and make the audio move?

audio is on an absolute timescale. it won't move when you change the tempo map.

that would be a nice feature to have, though. sonar is great with that. working with loops is so easy in sonar.
Old 03-01-2003, 09:14 PM

d_matt,

There is a way to slow down/speed up audio tracks, but the audio doesn't always come out sounding as good as the original speed audio.
Also, it works best if you're only changing the bpm slightly, like maybe +10 or -10 bpm from the original.
To do this, you would highlight the Audio you want to change, and pull down the 'Time Compression/Expansion plugin. On the left of the plugin box, you'll see 'Source', which is the original bpm, and on the right you'll see 'Destination', where you'll put in the bpm you want it to be... then hit 'Process'.

It may be worth a try, depending on what you're trying to do...

-Roy
Old 03-01-2003, 09:50 PM

you should try the SERATO Pitch n Time plugin, its great!!! the sound stay almost unalterable in quality... the time compression/expansion plugin sucks... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]