Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2009, 12:17 AM

Default Elastic Audio Error PoP Up I've never seen before

I was deep into work on Elastic Audio on drums . It was getting late and I don't know what I did but I shut off Elastic audio and it didn't have a pop up asking me to commit . Ok , whatever. Once elastic audio was off , I went to separate a region and this error came up.

Could not complete separate region command
because Assertion in " /Volumes/Development/
vb_joplin/AlturaPorts/NewFileLibs/CoreFoundation/
MacBuild/../../Time/Time_Typed.h", line 305.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 10-06-2009, 06:42 AM

Default Re: Elastic Audio Error PoP Up I've never seen before

try deleting the folder DIGIDESIGN DATABASES on ALL PARTITIONS

if this doesn't work try deleting preferences
Old 10-06-2009, 12:37 PM

Trash pref ? Why ? Do you know what this error means ? I'm not looking for a way to move on , I know how to do that . I'm looking for an answer on what this error actually means . Thanks for your reply though.
Old 10-06-2009, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oulablank View Post
Trash pref ? Why ? Do you know what this error means ? I'm not looking for a way to move on , I know how to do that . I'm looking for an answer on what this error actually means . Thanks for your reply though.
Because trashing databases and preferences is the first thing you should always do when you encounter an error. An error doesn't necessarily have to "mean" anything, it most often means that two summations are simply not cooperating. Trashing databases and prefs is one of the simplest and most effective ways to fix many occasional errors with PT. An assertion error is typically because what you're trying do, isn't matching up with where it's trying to do it. Preferences and databases tend to direct these things. If you continually get the error, particularly after this proceedure, then yes find out what you are doing to get this error. If it never pops up again... well don't worry about it, it's fixed.

D
a n t h e I n c r e d i b l e S o u n d M a n

"Svetlana" v1 - 4.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, OSX 10.7.4
Liquid Saffire 56 - PT10.2 - BFD2, VCC, Duende Native, Play 3.0

_C U R R E N T-D V E R B-S C O R E:515
Old 10-06-2009, 01:29 PM

Ahhhhhhhhhhh. I know ,I know . Not to sound like a d$%k but I learned everything about trashing pref a long long time ago . I don't need people letting me know the benefits of trashing pref . or how , or why. Just this error I keep getting ! Has anyone else seen something similar ? Anyone who's not a noob trying to teach me about trashing pref. Somebody that can assume that I understand all of that and am just looking for someone who has seen this specific error that I keep getting . Thanks
Old 10-06-2009, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oulablank View Post
Ahhhhhhhhhhh. I know ,I know . Not to sound like a d$%k but I learned everything about trashing pref a long long time ago . I don't need people letting me know the benefits of trashing pref . or how , or why. Just this error I keep getting ! Has anyone else seen something similar ? Anyone who's not a noob trying to teach me about trashing pref. Somebody that can assume that I understand all of that and am just looking for someone who has seen this specific error that I keep getting . Thanks

First of all, you never specified that you DID trash Prefs and Databases, so we have to make sure you are going through the motions before inquiring about uncommon errors.

Second, you also never said that this error was happening frequently or continuously, you made it seem it only happened the one time, and you want to know why. You specifically said, "I don't want to move on, I want to know why."

Finally, we can't help you if you don't help us. We have to ask the basic questions if we don't know whether or not you know about them, or have done anything about it.

You still haven't said whether or not you've tried any basic troubleshooting. Have you tried trashing prefs and databases yet? Run permissions repair? What version of Pro Tools are you using? Version of OSX? Type of Mac?

You can't post a random assertion error and expect there to just be a one time fix-all answer... We are trying to help you, but asking "why?" isn't going to fix the problem, but asking "How?" will. Give us some specs, make sure you've performed basic troubleshooting, and we will help you as best we can.

Cheers.

D
a n t h e I n c r e d i b l e S o u n d M a n

"Svetlana" v1 - 4.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, OSX 10.7.4
Liquid Saffire 56 - PT10.2 - BFD2, VCC, Duende Native, Play 3.0

_C U R R E N T-D V E R B-S C O R E:515
Old 10-07-2009, 01:21 AM

Didn't realize I don't have my specs in my signature on duc. My fault. OS 10.4.11 - imac intel core 2 duo 300g 4g ram , all of the digi support downloads for mac universal binary , PT 7.4 cs 10 digi 002 ,
trashed pref
repaired permissions
happening all of the time now

On new sessions where I'm not doing an "all nighter " it's fine. But somewhere in the mix of it all on this one session when I disable elastic audio again , nothing. Then any edit to a region where I was using EA...Whamo .
Old 10-07-2009, 01:21 AM

oh yeah , databases , check
Old 10-08-2009, 12:17 AM

When you commit ea, and than edit. Are you sure that comitting is ready? Have you checked the task manager before your edits? Cause it sounds like if the regions you try to edit are still offline, hence the error.
This is only a guess of course.
Tamas Dragon
Old 10-10-2009, 02:11 PM

S%&T ! Thanks most likely it ! I'll check tonight !