Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2020
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-2020, 04:10 PM

Default No Audio Output - > "ZoomAudioDevice" in Hardware

I'm sure I'm doing something wrong. But my audio device is listed as Zoom Audio Device in the Hardware settings. I see meters but I get no audio playback. I cant choose "Pro Tools Aggregate I/O" in the drop down.

Screen Shot 2020-07-28 at 3.59.53 PM.jpg

I'm on a Mac. any advice?
Old 07-28-2020, 06:40 PM

Default Re: No Audio Output - > "ZoomAudioDevice" in Hardware

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren Grubel View Post
I'm sure I'm doing something wrong. But my audio device is listed as Zoom Audio Device in the Hardware settings. I see meters but I get no audio playback. I cant choose "Pro Tools Aggregate I/O" in the drop down.

Attachment 13296

I'm on a Mac. any advice?
Hi Welcome to DUC.

What exact Zoom device do you have?

Does it even function as an audio output device? (if you are not sure what does Audio MIDI setup show for inputs and outputs for the device?).

Are your headphones/speakers connected to the Zoom (not your mac)?

Or are you ahead of me here and trying to aggregate that device with the Mac's own audio? If so... then post a screenshot of the Audio Midi Setup page showing the Aggregate IO device... if there is not one that explains why one is not showing up.

The hardware settings page is not where you control what Pro Tools uses. That is in Setup>Playback Engine. What is your playback engine set to?

What does Setup>IO>{Input and Output} pages show? If you click the Default button does it now show what you expect (make sure the Playback Engine is set to the Zoom device before doing this). If it does not seem to make sense post screenshots of all those pages.

Make sure Pro tools is really outputting to what you need to... that the track IO selectors are using the correct output IO... or if using more sophisticated bussing that the signal can get to that output... Create a master fader track on that output and make sure it's meter is moving.

If the session is a little complex and routing hard to understand abd things still don't work then create an totally empty session with one stereo audio track only, drag and drop a known good wave etc. file on that track and play it.

And "I see meters"... you mean the Pro Tools track meters are moving? Do you have a master fader meter for that output that is also moving? Or do you mean meters on the Zoom... you have to try to be really clear here.

Last edited by Darryl Ramm; 07-28-2020 at 07:09 PM.
Old 07-29-2020, 09:54 AM

Default Re: No Audio Output - > "ZoomAudioDevice" in Hardware

Thank you for responding!
THIS FIXED MY PROBLEM!
The hardware settings page is not where you control what Pro Tools uses. That is in Setup>Playback Engine. What is your playback engine set to?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2020-07-29 at 9.49.55 AM.jpg (38.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2020-07-29 at 9.49.32 AM.jpg (39.8 KB, 0 views)