Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-11-2015, 07:05 PM

Default PT 8.0.5 not recongnizing M-Audio M-Track I/F-HELP! PLEASE!

Had PT M-Powered going fine with a '99 M-Audio Delta 66 card, but opted to remove & uninstall that today in favor of an M-Audio M-Track USB interface. Routine to disconnect the PCI card and uninstalling the drivers for the Delta card and an old M-Audio midisport 2x2 I also removed from the USB port.
Re-started, Win 7 found the M-Track and said it installed drivers for a now working device. Device manger showed the M-Tack as the sound device, too.
The "Sound" window from control panel showed both speakers & mic as being enabled for M-Track, too.
Little did I then expect, after starting PT 8.0.5, the error window: "Pro Tools has not recognized your hardware device, be sure it's connected & turned on."
Boy, am I now dead in the water! Now, I hadn't opted for the ASIO4all driver option, as that was recommended if latency was a problem, but, I figured my dual core 3 Ghz processors should be capable of keeping up with a spare buffer size even. Also I thought that, as M-Audio says this box gets recognized by ANY DAW that recognizes USB, that this wouldn't be my result!
This should be dirt simple! What am I missing? Is the ASIO4all driver necessary for this to go? Using it requires "unenabling the default device status of M-Track in the contol panel's "Sound" window, before attempting to start your DAW, opening ASIO4all's control panel, and activating & config-uring M-Track there." One is warned (in M-Track's Win7 install instructions), that opening the latter without un-defaulting the former will result in not seeing M-Track in ASIO4all. Checking this Sound panel's "Playback" & "Recording" tabs for the function, I found no option to "un-default," but only to "disable" or "uninstall!" This prompted me to see if all was OK without the ASIO4all install & extra steps from someone else's driver. Should have been, IMO. Very angry to be dead in the middle of a project; can anyone help? My sys stats are: Win7, Intel dual core 2.96 GHz E7500, 2 GB RAM, M-Audio M-Track, Pro Tools M-Powered 8.0.5
Old 01-12-2015, 09:26 AM

Default Re: PT 8.0.5 not recongnizing M-Audio M-Track I/F-HELP! PLEASE!

This si the big test mistake I've made with this DAW! Like owners beware: M-Track has a record of others getting recognition hassles, un & re-plugging to complete....I put my trusyt Delta 66, midisport 2x2, and the 2 drivers back in, and lo! All reset to copacetic.
ATTENTION M-Audio: The "legacy" part of your driver support page does NOT include the still potent Delta 44/66 series drivers. I found them there a month ago, now gone!! Thank GOD I saved it before un-installing! For the users of same's benefit, please make them still available.