Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-11-2014, 03:56 PM

Default I think I figured out why Avid's having money problems.

I've been away from Pro Tools since version 9. Finally I've got enough post work now to warrant upgrading from PT9+CPTK to PT11HD.

Executive summary: I have been trying to buy this upgrade since November 11th and the store won't allow me to sign in.

The exact same credentials work fine with my account (in order to download drivers etc.) and the rest of the Avid site...just not the store. "Your account can't be used with the store. Contact support."

Obviously I contacted them. Multiple "we're looking into it" responses with no follow-ups for a week, then when I nudge them, "still looking into it."

Finally, last Thursday, they closed the ticket, saying, "In 5 business days your issue will be fixed." So confident in this they were, that they pre-emptively closed the ticket.

Sure enough, today, on the sixth business day, exact same problem; nothing's fixed. Opened yet another ticket.

Editorial: I know my account's been dormant for three years, so there's a factor. I also know the big amalgamation of Avid was a long, tough road and by no means a simple task. I know that Avid went through some very rough times and a lot of people got laid off. And I'm sure prioritizing what should be fixed first is tough for even the most seasoned project managers!

However let's be 100% real: if your company can't even take MONEY from customers literally waiting to click "Buy" and give you their credit card number, and loyal enough to keep trying for nearly a MONTH and still unable to, well. I can't think of a worse problem for a company to have.

That's it; thanks for reading.
Old 12-11-2014, 04:32 PM
Admin Emeritus

Default Re: I think I figured out why Avid's having money problems.

I put in a request to the store folks to resolve this as quickly as possible.
Apologies for the delay.
Old 12-12-2014, 07:06 AM

Thanks very much.
Old 12-12-2014, 08:59 AM

Well...you know, to be fair...You haven't actually paid for the support plan yet. I'm sure once you do finally manage to pay for the support plan, Avid will be much more responsive in their support.

Welcome to the new Avid.

Lenovo P50: quad-core i7-6820hq, 64GB, 2TB SSD, Win 10 Pro / Protools Ultimate 2023.6 / HD|Native-TB
2018 MacBook Pro: six-core i9, 32GB, 1TB, Monterey / Protools Studio 2023.6, / DVS / DAR, L-ISA Studio

Home/mobile: Focusrite Red 8Pre+HD32R / Clarett 4Pre
Road/hotel: Roland OctaCaputre / Apogee One
Old 12-12-2014, 09:41 AM
Avid

Hello Suges,

Sorry for the inconvenience. Your support case should not have been closed until the issue was resolved. We have re-opened the case and responded with additional info, and the problem should be resolved soon. The case will remain open until that happens.

Regards,
JC
Old 12-12-2014, 03:43 PM

Hi JC,

Thanks very much. The support has been great today, I appreciate it!