Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2017, 03:37 AM

Default Quantise to grid still broken in 12.8.2

I've been on a few threads with this. Since 12.5.2, the quantise to grid command has been broken. First it was from audio overlapping transients on future hits, and now it seems half fixed but still doesn't work.

Today I decided to try 12.8.2 on my non-studio macbook.

Attached are 3 screenshots showing what happens during drum editing now.

First screenshot - audio is cut, ready for quantising

Second screenshot - quantise command is run once. (note how not all the audio regions have moved. There are 2 that haven't changed at all and are not on the grid)

Third screenshot - quantise command is run again. (the results of this are what I get using 12.4 when quantise worked properly)

I don't want to have hit and miss quantising when I'm doing drum edits. I'd have to go through and double check every region has moved.

Why can't this just work? I've paid my yearly update subscription for years and yet I'm stuck using 12.4 which came on in December 2015. I hate that Avid get so much stick, I LOVE Pro Tools, but holy cow what it going on?

I ask so many of my friends who work full time in audio about Pro Tools. Most of them are still on PT 10 and daren't upgrade because they fear downtime due to errors or glitches they've heard about.

Come on people, I just want to be able to quantise audio on an Digital Audio Workstation.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pre-quantise.jpg (86.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg after quantising.jpg (87.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg quantising twice.jpg (87.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 11-12-2017, 08:36 AM

Default Re: Quantise to grid still broken in 12.8.2

clancychris. I feel your pain. I was formerly on PT's 12.6 with a 32 bit Windows system. I wanted to upgrade and was advised to move up to PT's 10 with Windows 7, 64bit. Instead I let a fast talking salesman shuttle me in to PT's 12.8 with Windows 10 ! I am just about to quit because I just can't live with the so called improvements. In PT's 12.6 Quantize to grid worked flawlessly. Not so in 12.8.
Old 11-12-2017, 08:59 AM

Default Re: Quantise to grid still broken in 12.8.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Wetzel View Post
clancychris. I feel your pain. I was formerly on PT's 12.6 with a 32 bit Windows system. I wanted to upgrade and was advised to move up to PT's 10 with Windows 7, 64bit. Instead I let a fast talking salesman shuttle me in to PT's 12.8 with Windows 10 ! I am just about to quit because I just can't live with the so called improvements. In PT's 12.6 Quantize to grid worked flawlessly. Not so in 12.8.
Sorry to hear you're struggling with it too. I just cannot understand how it is still broken. It's one of the most core features for me.

I've tried other DAW's but I just like Pro Tools. I think at this point I'm just going to try and get hold of 12.5.2 or 12.6 as you say that works, cancel my renewal and stick with what I have. I want to support Avid as I don't want them to disappear but 2 years it ridiculous for this