Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-1999, 09:44 PM

Default can\'t bounce to disk - program error

G3/300 B&W 192 MB RAM, 2 Cheetah.
Protools Mix+, 4.3.1, Mac OS 8.5.1.

Mix was finished, big session , when I tried bounce to disk, I receive this error message. Something like this: "Cannot execute 'bounce to disk' command - program error"

error whitout an identification....

another error... suddently protools quit whitout say goodbye... and I have to say goodbye to all update I'd did...

someone could help me?

thanx

Gere
Old 10-26-1999, 11:59 AM

Default Re: can\'t bounce to disk - program error

Gerê

When bouncing to disk make sure you have the following items configured.

Disk Cache (in the Memory CDev) should be 512K or lower (128K is optimal). This can be set in the Apple menu/Memory control panel. Restart the CPU after changing the cache setting.

DAE Playback Buffer set too high. Your MIX system should be set at #2. This can be found under the Finder/DAE/File menu/Set Playback Buffer Size.

DAE preferred memory set too low. This could be tied to your Pro Tools memory allocation which is set to low. Pro Tools preferred memory should be set to @30-35k and DAE should be at @35-40k. If your using a lot of plug-ins or Waves plug-ins you can set this a little higher to accommodate them. Also make sure that Pro Tools and DAE minimum memory is not set above it's default. To check and re-set this type a 0 ( zero ) into the minimum field and hit return. This will default the setting.

Brad
Old 10-27-1999, 01:59 PM

I have had the same problems and all suggestions have been done already and I still get bounces that get an error occasionally. I also get PT "unexpectedly quitting" after the second time I quit PT. I have called TechSupport before and they have heard of this but have no fixes. Any Ideas? I have a G3 300, PT mix core, 128 Ram, OS 8.6
Old 10-27-1999, 07:01 PM

I had changed my Protools and DAE minimum memory because I was getting another DAE error, and it was working well but it wasn't bouncing big sessions. I returned it to default minimum memory and it bounced normal.
But the ghost of DAE error still surround me.

Thank you Brad for help me

[This message has been edited by Gerê Fontes (edited 10-27-99).]