Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-29-2008, 04:09 PM

Default Re: No Plug-in Delay Compensation?? That\'s crap Digi !!

strange, i just option+apple click on volume meters in mix window, then nudge, it ain't that hard...

so how many other d.a.w's are regularly used to record platinum selling music?...yep, thats what i thought, quit bitchin' and start recording!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

to many WHINERS, not enough WINE!!!

www.myspace.com/maxpidge
www.myspace.com/sponge
www.myspace.com/cruddetroit
www.myspace.com/orbitsuns
Old 05-29-2008, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Can't wait to have that feeling again of... what a great buy! what great value! This company is so cool! Most street opinions of Digidesign are cynical and jaded
I see the Apple/Logic advertisements are doing their job of enticing you and keeping you from reading up on the actual software before you buy it. I wish I could be there to see the look on your face when you install Logic and discover the mountain of bugs that it contains.

I'm also curious, what's a "street opinion?" I tried asking the street outside my apartment what it thinks about ProTools LE, but it ignored me and didn't answer. Does that mean it's jaded?

Good God, this is not the case for me at all. I got Logic shortly after 8 came out and have been making a living with it ever since. There were no show stoppers for me. If you really want ADC check in on any of the other DAW software, everything seems pretty good at this point and I do believe most if not all the real players include it.

People here can kid themselves that this isn't an important feature but Digi knows people have wanted it for a long time and they will incorporate it at some point. It is hurting there sales not to.
Old 05-29-2008, 05:30 PM

Quote:
strange, i just option+apple click on volume meters in mix window, then nudge, it ain't that hard...

so how many other d.a.w's are regularly used to record platinum selling music?...yep, thats what i thought, quit bitchin' and start recording!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What do you do if you need to change your buffer setting? Just crossed my mind
Old 05-29-2008, 05:38 PM

when your mixing???? why would you????
Old 05-29-2008, 05:45 PM

Quote:
when your mixing???? why would you????

What if I dont have it high enough when Im mixing and find out I need to take it higher to process the plugins AFTER Ive done all that shifting of the tracks, then what?

How about your aux busses? What about when you go outside the box to your verb unit and back in? What are you mixing, two tracks?
Old 05-29-2008, 08:01 PM

i guesss i dont worry, because i'm, just that good, but, i'm also not afraid of a little work...
Old 05-31-2008, 05:57 AM

Quote:
i guesss i dont worry, because i'm, just that good, but, i'm also not afraid of a little work...
I stand in awe
Old 05-31-2008, 09:07 AM

Quote:
glad to see someone else feels like i do on this. i dont see the big deal in a little down and dirty nudge work to make sure everything sounds perfect. kinda keeps part of the hands on thing for me.

http://overtheeffect.bandcamp.com
Old 06-04-2008, 08:29 PM

Quote:
glad to see someone else feels like i do on this. i dont see the big deal in a little down and dirty nudge work to make sure everything sounds perfect. kinda keeps part of the hands on thing for me.
Ah, my bad earlier about claiming that ADC already existed in LE - didn't have my terminology right. For me, this is generally not an issue (or something that comes up rarely enough I can deal with it manually). While it's certainly a solve-able problem, it's perhaps not as trivial as it first seems - if you're sending many different tracks of audio to several different places, running through various amounts of plug-in delay at various stages (all of them possibly different for each audio source and each possible pathway), then submixing and mixing all of these paths back together in various ways, you'd have to have a compensating delay line between every "node" in your mixing structure to fully solve the problem. That's a lot of extra delay lines and a decent amount of added complexity.

It's a significant problem, and one that would add non-zero processing overhead to your system. If you're like me, I don't need that problem solved, and would rather have higher plug-in counts or other features added to the system. Though it's clear many would opt to have automatic delay compensation instead. Plus, I guess Digi is free to distinguish HD from LE in any way that makes sense to them.

C.
Old 06-04-2008, 08:58 PM

Quote:
I totaly agree. I mean do people want a program that does everything for you. a plug-in that goes, "hey wait your recording drums! well you need to EQ these like that and this like that and this reverb blah blah"?

I cant wait for the Digidesign "Super Mix" plug in that automaticly cleans a turd...
oh wait it wont increase the track count... oh well Logic it is in with its mountains of bugs.