Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-12-2007, 10:51 PM

Default Reverb Basic and Convolution

As a huge Wizooverb fan, I'm encouraged at what appears to be its algorithmic reverb incorporated as Structure's "Reverb Basic." It sounds splendid of course. That said, boy do I miss:

A) Those fantastic HDIR's in Convolution
B) True stereo in Convolution
C) High and Low Times in Convolution
D) (output) Width in both Reverb Basic and Convolution.

I'd just use Wizooverb but it seems the product's been orphaned, what with definite non-support of Mac Intel announced (and I'm on a Mac Pro). Would you believe I hardwire an insert to standalone Plogue Bidule hosting W2 (under Rosetta)? Works but it's a pig on the CPU and cumbersome to use. As encouraging as the borrowings from Wizooverb in Structure are, they don't get me over the hump of having to use this kludge set-up. Honestly, without true stereo, the HDIR's, and output width control, I won't be able to use these effects much.

Here's hoping help is on the way via enhancements to Structure or perhaps a new plugin.

Thanks for listening Digi.