Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10

Old 05-17-2013, 08:48 PM

Default Missing Avid Channel Strip after 10.3.5 install

Installed 10.3.5 yesterday and discovered that the Avid Channel Strip (and the Short Delay) plugins were missing. Does anyone know the file name for these plugins so I can run a search and track them down? I'm thinking "channelstrip.dpm.rsr" pehaps?

Thanks
Old 05-17-2013, 09:19 PM

Default Re: Missing Avid Channel Strip after 10.3.5 install

Quote:
Originally Posted by KerryLeigh View Post
Installed 10.3.5 yesterday and discovered that the Avid Channel Strip (and the Short Delay) plugins were missing. Does anyone know the file name for these plugins so I can run a search and track them down? I'm thinking "channelstrip.dpm.rsr" pehaps?

Thanks
Channel Strip is now AAX so it should be in the Avid folder.... Are you Mac Or PC??
Old 05-17-2013, 09:20 PM

ChannelStrip.aaxplugin
Old 05-17-2013, 09:39 PM

PC, Thanks for the file name.
Old 05-18-2013, 12:18 AM

After further investigation I found that none of the Pro Tools plugins (except for the Virtual Instruments) are showing up in my Pro Tools 10.3.5 installation. I did find channelstrip, in tune & mixer in C:\program files (x86)\common files\Avid\Audio\Plug ins, however they don't show up in PT. The AIR plugins and Audiosuite plugins are missing completely.

Is there a solution for this other than uninstall and re install the program and hope it resolves?

Pro Tools 10.3.5
Win 7 home Premium 64 bit
AMD FX 6300 6 core 3.5Ghz
16 GB RAM
Old 05-18-2013, 10:38 AM

I remember reading that PT 10.3.5 for Windows puts plug-ins in the wrong place. The Mac version is not affected.

Hi,

about missing plug-ins on windows, we have found the root cause of the issue: it is simply a change in the way Pro Tools loads plug-ins on windows, and a typo on our end. Other missing plug-ins from other companies probably have a similar issue. Mac is not affected by this problem.

We will release an update to fix the problem shortly. You can use the RTAS version of the plug-ins in the meantime (switching between AAX and RTAS won't break your session).

We apologize for the inconvenience.

More information is available here.
Quote:
We have just noticed that our AAX plug-ins will not show up in the latest version of Pro Tools (10.3.5) on Windows. All affected plug-ins will be updated shortly to fix this problem.

In the meantime, you can just install the RTAS version of the plug-ins since they are compatible (your sessions won't break when switching between RTAS and AAX). You can alternatively use the bypass explained below.

We apologize for the inconvenience!

The Blue Cat Audio Team.

The root cause and bypass solution is, if you do not want to install the RTAS versions:
- AVID has changed the way PT scans and loads the AAX plug-ins with this new release.
- There is a typo in our AAX plug-ins installers: the binary is installed in [PLUGIN_NAME.aaxplugin]\Content\Win32, whereas it should be [PLUGIN_NAME.aaxplugin]\Contents\Win32. This was unnoticed in previous versions of Pro Tools because it simply scanned the entire folder.
- In order to load the AAX plug-ins, you can simply rename the "Content" folder into "Contents" for every plug-in. Plug-ins are located in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Avid\Audio\Plug-Ins (64-bit Windows), or the C:\Program Files \Common Files\Avid\Audio\Plug-Ins (32-bit Windows).
http://www.videopark.com
MacPro 6 core 3.33 GHz, OS 10.12.1, 8 GB RAM, PT12.6.1, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, PreSonus DigiMax, MC Control V3.5, dual displays,
Neumann U-47, Tab V76 mic pre, RCA 44BX and 77DX, MacBook Pro 9,1, 2.3 Mhz, i7, CBS Labs Audimax and Volumax.
Ampex 440B half-track and four-track, 351 tube full-track mono, MM-1100 16-track.
Old 05-18-2013, 11:08 AM

Thanks for the info Park.

I'll wait for the update fix. Most of my session rely on Waves and UAD plugins and (thank God) those made it through the 10.3.5 installation.

Pro Tools 10.3.5
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Pit
AMD FX-6300 6 core 3.5 Ghz
16 GB RAM

www.kerryleigh.com