Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-15-2003, 07:27 AM

Default CRITICAL UPDATE FOR INTEL USERS!

I was losing heart...whew...I've been up ALL NIGHT (no sleep) trying to figure out this irritating 9093 error that would automatically come up after a couple of seconds, no matter what my settings were. I just bought a dell 4550, with a p4 2.67 processor. I had two hard drives (both WD), 1gb of ram, the hardware and software configured such that pro tools would run with maximal efficiency, and I was still getting this error! So, what the heck? It's not as if this is a dinky system I'm running on...

Well, it turns out that intel has a new driver in place of its 'ultra ata controller'...and it was my salvation.

I'm new to really messing around with hardware configurations, but I spent HOURS learning and configuring before I even started. If any of you folks have intel chipsets in your comp, and you haven't done this already, goto the intel sight and download its new driver in place of its ultra ata controller driver. It's called 'Intel Application Accelerator', and it should do wonders on your system's speed, especially if you aren't getting errors. I feel reinvigorated, and now on to making music!!!!
Old 03-15-2003, 07:40 AM

Default Re: CRITICAL UPDATE FOR INTEL USERS!

Hi. I once had the same problem when I first build my computer, and yes, the problem was the intel "ultra ata controller", which do it very bad with protools. My solution at that time was using the OS drivers (I was using WIN MW) instead of the intel drivers, and the problem disappear. Now I'm with WIN XP PRO and using its ata drivers and don't have any problem.

Anyway, thanks for the info. I'll check this new drivers.

m
512 RAM
2xMAXTOR 40G
Old 03-15-2003, 07:42 AM

Ok...just to give you an idea of what the difference is...

I just tested one of the demo versions out that comes with the digi001 (I think it's called 'Be There'). I tested this out with everything running (printer, 32 bit appearance, dsl connection on ethernet, all hardware drivers enabled, etc.) and it runs smooth as a whistle. BEFORE I downloaded intel's 'Application Accelerator', I could not get past 2 seconds trying to record 1 mono audio track without an error message popping up (and this was when non-essential hardware and software devices were disabled). Just had to let you guys know...victory is sweet! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 03-15-2003, 02:44 PM

I just did that and now I´m asked to re-authorise my plugins...
VI: Reason 8, Ivory It., Trilian|Omnisphere, VG2/RealGuitar, Kontakt6|GPO, Goliath|Gypsy|Fab Four, Candy, Structure, EZdrum, BIAB Audiophile
Hardware: TLM49|TLM103, SPL Track One, TC M-One, Artist Contr.v2|Transp|3xMix
Old 03-16-2003, 06:00 AM

I finally installed the Intel Application Accelerator drivers, and noticed a little bit more stability with the overall performance of PT with heavy loaded sessions. I also find that when I start my computer it loads faster.

Thanks for the advice Karusse,

m
512 RAM
2xMAXTOR 40G
Old 03-17-2003, 07:33 AM

Hi karusse,
its me, graveleye. I just want you to know that I am sorry for seeming upset with you the other night about my system crash. I know none of this was your fault, and you were trying to help, and as usual I appreciate all DUCers help!
I still don't know why my pc freaked out with that driver, but all will be well. It has prompted me to take the dive into xp, so its a blessing in disguise.
I did manage to back up everything, so all is well.
I just wanted to let you know I am sorry for wigging out, and let you and all the other folks here know that I sure appreciate the help. Its nice how folks here rally around you when you are in trouble!
Thanks again,
Kev
Old 03-17-2003, 07:57 AM

I am SO glad I found this thread!

After hours trying (to no avail) to get my new Digi002 to play more than 1 second, I installed the Intel Application Accelarator and everything works beautifully.

The problem in my case was a -6089 error. I mention that in case anyone searches for that code here.

Thanks!

James
Old 03-17-2003, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Stone Knife:

-If it ain't broke, think twice about 'fixin' it!
[img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">You're right Stone.

I finally uninstalled the new intel drivers.

When I first installed the drivers it appears to be a slight general improvement, but yesterday (the same day I installed the new intel drivers) I had strange problems with a small session (4 audio/4 aux/1 master/1 midi) and some bombfactory/waves plugins. Here it is:

After tracking, when doing the firt mix adjustments, ProTools suddenly close and a looping digital sound show up to stay, no matter what i did to make it stop. Also, the pc didn't want to restart or shut down. Reset was the only solution.
This same problem also happen when trying to erase a track or erase a plugin from the session.
The strangest thing was that all this problems happens only in this session, the other ones seems right.

Maybe the drivers had nothing to do with my problem, but it was the first time I have such a problem, and the only change I have done to my system was the new drivers.

So, If it ain't broke, think twice about 'fixin' it!
[img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
512 RAM
2xMAXTOR 40G
Old 03-17-2003, 08:00 PM

Hey Kev (or graveleye)! No offense taken! I'm sorry that the suggestion didn't help (but, in fact hurt). I would've been in the exact same position as you were a couple of days ago...
[img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Old 03-17-2003, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Hi. I once had the same problem when I first build my computer, and yes, the problem was the intel "ultra ata controller", which do it very bad with protools. My solution at that time was using the OS drivers (I was using WIN MW) instead of the intel drivers, and the problem disappear. Now I'm with WIN XP PRO and using its ata drivers and don't have any problem.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Question how do you check these settings? I'm on Win XP Pro also, how do I check wich driver I'm using?