Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools | Intro Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2017, 05:19 PM

Default Midi to Xpand Sound Cutting out. Please Help!!!!

I have been having a playback issue with Midi to Xpand. I am using a Yamaha YPG-235 as my keyboard and it is connected via usb/Midi to the computer. Also for output, I have a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2. This is where I put my headphones into. As for playback, whenever I attempt any sound with the keyboard with Xpand2 as the plugin it will play but will cut out every few seconds or even more frequent than that (Basically makes the same effect as a killswitch on a guitar). Now here is the weird thing, whenever I actually record and play there is no issue whatsoever.

In summary, what is the underlying issue here? How can I get rid of this killswitch-like playback when not recording? I am fairly new to recording music so this doesn't make all that sense to me. Please help if anyone can.

Thank you!
Old 06-28-2017, 03:27 PM

Default Re: Midi to Xpand Sound Cutting out. Please Help!!!!

I have precisely the same issue. Although, I've noticed the that I can hear fine after pressing play as well;

The controller works as expected with other DAWs and OSs.

Thanks