Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12

Old 10-22-2019, 07:39 PM

Default Problem hearing midi sound Kontakt 5 Duet 2

I'm not sure if I've configured all the i/o correctly. I want to use a Kontakt 5 Virtual instrument and my evolution keyboard. I can record the instrument in but I can't hear sound. And I can't record the midi onto an audio track.

Instrument track: Instrument setting: Kontakt in Kontakt out and Kontakt as the insert. i/o: I: no input O: Bus 1-2

Aux track: insert Kontakt I:Built in mic O:Built in speaker (which I change to Bus when I try to record)

Record track: no insert I: Bus 1-2 O: Built in speaker

I have Instrument track armed

With this i can only record midi through Kontakt interface, not the Evolution.

My Mac sound is set to the Duet as I/o

Looking forward to assistance! I've been trying all sorts of variations for days.
Old 10-22-2019, 11:21 PM

Default Re: Problem hearing midi sound Kontakt 5 Duet 2

re my request. not sure why my info didn't show. here it is

PT LE 12.5.0
Mac 10.11.6
Apogee Duet 2
Kontakt 5 virtual instrument
Evolution MK-249C2
Fluid Audio speakers
Old 10-23-2019, 04:00 PM

Default Re: Problem hearing midi sound Kontakt 5 Duet 2

Why is contact on the insert in the aux track? Try just creating just an instrument track with Kontakt on it's insert, and record your midi on that instrument track, see if it works.
Also, you aren't supposed to be able to record midi on to an audio track, if I understood what you said correctly..you record it on the instrument track or create a midi track and set it to feed Kontakt on the instrument track.
If what you are trying to do is record midi playing kontakt then record that as audio, the simpler way is to record on the instrument track, then create an audio track underneath it, and drag and drop the midi clips on to the audio track and it will be converted to audio clips. Unless LE doesn't do this, but I don't know if it does or not.

I think the problem is that you have Kontakt on the insert of the aux track, it should only be on the instrument track.