Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2005, 06:24 AM

Default iLok Client Install Problems

Hi - so I purchased the download of Pro Tools 7 LE Plus. That all installed fine. When I went to launch it, I got tot he authorization interface for the two new plug-ins.

I created an iLok account, and downloaded the OSX installer for the iLok client, but it will not install... it says:

"Error creating file. 1008:5,-5000 Access denied error"

and then

"You do not have enough access privileges for this installation."

I am the admin account - it never prompted me for my password - just fails. Is anyone else encountering this?

I am on Mac OS X 10.4.2, Dual 2ghz G5, 2GB RAM. iLok is plugged in (002 is not at the moment though)

Thanks in advance!
Benjamin
Old 11-11-2005, 06:27 AM

Default Re: iLok Client Install Problems

Have you tried repairing permissions using the Disk Utility?
Old 05-29-2006, 08:59 PM

Default Re: iLok Client Install Problems

Hey, Benjamin, quick question, did you ever figure out how to get around the "Error creating file 1008:5,-5000 access denied error"? I installed Pro Tools 6.9.2 with no problem, but now am getting that message when I try to install the factory bundle software. I have done everything that Digi tech support recommends, starting with repairing the disk permissions, and some stuff from the user conference, mainly:

Get Info on the following folders and make sure that, in the Ownership and Permissions section, the Owner is System, the Group is Admin and Access is set to Read and Write for both.

MacHD>Library
MacHD>Library>Application Support
MacHD>Library>Application Support>Digidesign
MacHD>Library>Application Support>Digidesign>Plug-Ins

But nothing has changed. I still cannot load the factory bundle software, and I still get the -5000 error message.

Any advice you have would be greatly appreciated,

Jim

G5 dual 2 gHz -- 2 gigs ram -- OS 10.4.6