Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2002, 03:35 AM

Default HELP ! ! PowerBook G4 error Type 3, Type 2 HELP ! !

[img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img] [email protected] Greetings all. . .Anyone out there using pro tools LE 5.2 on a powerbook G4 800mhz ? ? I keep getting error type 2 or type 3 messages. . .What do i do ? ? I have tried memory allocation, reinstalling os9 (clean install...i have done that twice and each time it works for a bit and then screws up a day or two later )
Digidesign says that it is a system error not cause by pro tools...but since everything worked fine with os9 before i got protools and since protools is the only program on there. . I have a hard time believing that. I have also tried finding the conflicting extentsion but to no luck...Does anyone know of any known extension conflicts ? ? I downloaded both the mbox firmware updater, and the digidesign Usb driver..and installed those..,.
It seems to me that i have tried everything, I have reinstalled pro tools so many times that i am starting to think i could be screwing with the hard drive....I can be loading the program, or tring to use a plugin in the mix window...or pressing the return key to take me back to the beginning....any of these things can cause an error and more . . . If anyone knows anything about this little problem please contact me asap...Any comments are appreciated....Peace
B
Old 08-18-2002, 08:59 AM

Default Re: HELP ! ! PowerBook G4 error Type 3, Type 2 HELP ! !

Quote:
I have a hard time believing that.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Why? I've been using the Mbox since day one & I've never experienced the problems you describe...

You may try trashing all your Digi prefs including the DAE...you could also try a DUC search for this forum...

Old 08-18-2002, 06:28 PM

Default Re: HELP ! ! PowerBook G4 error Type 3, Type 2 HELP ! !

are you by chance using an external FW Lacie hd?

[url=www.myspace.com/chuckbutlermusic[/url]