Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-16-2017, 11:25 PM

Default Support for other Daws ? (Sonar /studio one ect)

Hi !

New comer here .... i'm a producer , also a teacher (been 7 years at SAE ad now at Abbeyroad institute) and i saw gradualy the profile of people in the industry changing ..... morphing ....

People with one and only daw is a thing of the past ....

With this in mind , i do think that the Avid Artist series ./ dock ... could represent a BIG , real BIG ...source of benefit if only AVID could think of a better integration with daws ....(witch i know they can)

I know the Artist mix used to work great with Sonar , and to my surprise the protools dock seems to not , i know its supposed to be protools only , but why such a move ? (the artist control used to also)

Anyway my question here is do Avid Artist Mix / control still working with sonar Platnum ? any plan to push integartion and other daws support also with the dock (channel ) ? (Eddie)

Thks
Old 03-17-2017, 10:06 AM

Default Re: Support for other Daws ? (Sonar /studio one ect)

My understanding is that an SDK is available to all developers. Artist Mix and the Control app for iPad work great for me with Samplitude and I've even heard of people using S6 with Nuendo. I think it's really up to the Sonar folks to update their Eucon support.
Old 03-17-2017, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Olhsson View Post
My understanding is that an SDK is available to all developers. Artist Mix and the Control app for iPad work great for me with Samplitude and I've even heard of people using S6 with Nuendo. I think it's really up to the Sonar folks to update their Eucon support.

It is officlally supported for those you named ....but not sonar no more , while cakewalk has the eucon control surface listed and done .... i asked and they stated that it was on AVID side ....that's why i'm asking .... here ...

Thks Bob for kimming in . Always good to see you around , valuable presence !
Old 03-17-2017, 06:40 PM

It might be worth asking Avid directly on ideascale or support.
Old 03-17-2017, 06:59 PM
Avid

Generally speaking support is on the side of the DAW manufacture. Sure there are sometimes Avid bugs that prevent something working with a particular DAW and we try to help out when that happens. We supply a SDK to 3rd parties. If something doesn't work the first call should be to the DAW manufacturer, if that doesn't work then we can try and help but there are like 50 partners so its hard to do this all the time.
Old 03-20-2017, 07:30 AM

nice one
Old 03-21-2017, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
Generally speaking support is on the side of the DAW manufacture. Sure there are sometimes Avid bugs that prevent something working with a particular DAW and we try to help out when that happens. We supply a SDK to 3rd parties. If something doesn't work the first call should be to the DAW manufacturer, if that doesn't work then we can try and help but there are like 50 partners so its hard to do this all the time.
Thks Eddie , it's real annoying because basically for exemple i own a VS 700C witch is an exellent console , but doesn't work with PT , i wanted to get some that works for both (i work on both , production sonar , post and cours for my Abbeyroad institute students on PT) so i wanted to go with the dock for exemple but when i tried the app nothing worked (even metering) but only track selection view , faders , pan ... while it was perfectly back then on the euphonix control i remeber with sonar X1 - X3 ....

Sonar is not on the supported daw list in your website ... so could you give us more infos , i can lobby Cakewalk but like i told you , Craig told me that it was on your side that stuff get broken ..... with this link ...

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...-Compatibility

i would stick with old version if prootols would keep asking me updating it for my ipad app ...

to finish i do think Avid would be smart to really go deeply in 3RD party integration before of brands catch up ....they know how to do it and they offers some of the best solutions ....
Old 03-22-2017, 09:29 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeezo View Post
Sonar is not on the supported daw list in your website ... so could you give us more infos , i can lobby Cakewalk but like i told you , Craig told me that it was on your side that stuff get broken ..... with this link ...
Please do lobby them, they are free to contact us as they have the SDK. Other DAW's work so not sure how it could be on our side though.