Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 9
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-25-2015, 01:09 PM

Default Between a rock & a hard place!

Hi guys. I've thought a lot about my situation and I'm at a point of putting everything on hold until I can afford a pc or mac than can handle Pro Tools 9 without the constant interruptions I'm experiencing! I've done everything in the book that supposedly corrects or adjusts these quirks from happening and still the same problems! I'm even getting popups regarding playback engine and buffer settings with just one track!! I don't see how that's possible! Yesterday I even went back to the default hardware settings to see if per chance that would work. It did for a few minutes and then right back to square one! Please don't tell me try this, try that, stand on my head and close one eye, etc. Nothing works! I may have contracted some type of virus but how would I know because Pro Tools doesn't like virus protection! I have even suspicioned that some disgruntled tech during a help session may have
f--ked me up for a private laugh! Paranoid? Yes, at this point in time I am!
So, I won't be posting for a while or maybe never again. Who knows? I may find something to replace this that is much easier, less stressful and possibly more enjoyable to spend my time doing. I'm spending so much time trying to cope with the problems I'm forgetting how to play guitar! At my age I don't have a lot of time left! To those of you who have helped me over a lot of Pro Tools issues, Thanks and I'm grateful.
Old 06-25-2015, 04:09 PM

Default Re: Between a rock & a hard place!

Try Reaper it will run on almost anything, including from a USB Stick:

www.reaper.fm

And the demo period is unlimited and uncrippled.

Cheers,
SonoBus
Source-Connect: brucehayward
Options for Remote Direction
Old 06-26-2015, 07:21 AM

Thanks Weed. I downloaded the Reaper free sample but to my slow learning mind it appears even more complicated than PT's! I've spent lots of time learning my way around PT's and I just don't want to start over. Thanks for your advice.
Old 06-26-2015, 10:57 AM

In the end Reaper is no more complicated than any other multi-track program. Just tools and the way things are organized may be different or in different places or named differently.

I suggested Reaper because it really will run on almost any system, powerful or not, optimized or not and you seem to be having a number of issues with your computer and Pro Tools. Without building or buying a new computer optimized for Pro Tools and with support for Pro Tools on that system (guitardom's systems would be best), I felt Reaper would suit you best.

Cheers,
SonoBus
Source-Connect: brucehayward
Options for Remote Direction
Old 06-27-2015, 05:15 AM

Thanks for your interest and concern. I'm just looking at this as a vacation from the stress of dealing with ProTools. In the words of Arnold, "I'll be back"!

Old 07-10-2015, 08:43 AM

Terry, I got your message but it says you don't accept private messages. So pm me an email address or something as you don't have one listed in your user cp.

pro-tools-pc.com

TRASHER Pro Tools Utility(updated 4-11-2024)

HD Native, Avid 16x16, Eleven Rack, Focusrite Clarett 8preX, UA Quad Apollo TB.

Intel I7 9900k
Win 10
Old 07-12-2015, 05:38 AM

Hey guitardom. I added my e-mail address yesterday and remessaged you. I think I did it right but I'm not sure. Just in case it's, [email protected] - Thanks.