Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 9
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-29-2010, 09:42 AM

Default Pro Tools 9 and Presonus FireStudio Project

I'm intending to buy the Presonus FireStudio Project interface to use in addition to my Mbox 2 with Pro Tools 9. However I'm still not 100% sure that the Presonus is a Pro Tools 9 third-party Core Audio or ASIO compatible interface. Can anyone confirm that it is compatible? Thanks!
Old 12-29-2010, 09:59 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools 9 and Presonus FireStudio Project

Seems to be.

http://www.airusersblog.com/pro-tool...dware-checker/

iMac Pro
- MacOS 10.14.6
---
- Pro Tools U HDN 2019.6
- Avid HD Omni + HD I/O 8x8x8
- C|24 | S3 | Dock
Old 12-29-2010, 10:15 AM

Great! Thanks!!!
Old 01-04-2011, 09:20 PM

they work fine , I am using both a old Firepod and a Fire Studio Tube!!
Old 09-14-2011, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarthVader View Post

I have a question...How is this possible? I just installed PT( and I have an old school Presonus Firepod. It keeps giving me the "Buffer size" problem.

Share your wisdom!
Old 09-15-2011, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarthVader View Post
I am also curious about this. I actually am already successfully using a FirePod with PT9 (using ASIO4ALL), but I am curious if you are doing it differently. It sure would be nice if the FirePod worked with PT9 without having to use a 3rd party.
Old 09-16-2011, 02:01 PM

I agree. I like the Firepod and I want to use PT9...I sure don't want to have to use a 3rd party anything to get to work. I was very excited about the chance to use ProTools without having an M Audio or Digi interface...but now, not so excited!

Either Presonus or Avid need to issue a fix to this poblem.
Old 09-17-2011, 08:20 AM

I have The Presonus FireStudio and it works with Pro tools perfectly. I have no issues what so ever. One thing to remember is though, there is a driver update on their website. Make sure to download it. It was designed just for Pro tools and to make the unit fully compatible.

The FireStudio Project is a great interface with good pre amps. If I may make a suggestion to you. I would look for a used or older version of the line up The Firestudio and not the Fire studio Project.

While the Project is the newest version of the line up. It sacrifices some of the features and flexibility of the original fire studio. I pulled a few quotes from a review I read when I was looking at getting the Project.

Source: http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/oct0...dioproject.htm

"Missing in action are the optical digital I/O, word clock, and the ability to connect Presonus's MSR multi-channel monitor controller. Importantly, however, all the analogue I/O is present and correct, including nice features such as the insert loop for channels 1/2 and the additional pair of 'Main' outputs that duplicate outputs 1/2, but with a front-panel level control. "

"A more serious problem with the unit as a whole is that despite the provision of two Firewire ports, you can't daisy-chain multiple Firestudio Projects to build up a 16- or 24-channel recording system. If this were possible, the lack of digital I/O would be an irrelevance to many users, but as it is, there is effectively no way to expand the system. If you're happy with eight inputs, though, the Firestudio Project delivers in style."

All of the above mentioned are included with the original FireStudio, So if you need any of those features you may want to look at the older model
Old 09-18-2011, 07:18 AM

The firestudio uses a different system control than the firestudio project. So, the firePOD doesn't appear to work, unless anyone has any other ideas....except for asio4all (or whatever it's called). I want to use all 8 inputs, not just 2 or 4.
Old 09-18-2011, 08:56 AM

Well i dont own the Project but all I can say is a love my Firestudio. I looked at the Project and to me it looked like a stripped down version of the original to save money and I picked my FireStudio up for 300 (lightly used) before taxes and at that rate is was a steal.

I also don't own the Fire Pod but I know one guy who does and I have read a lot about it when I was in the market for a small usb interface for my laptop. Mostly what I heard was negative about the firepod. My advice would be to stay away form the FirePod.

Take a look at a small Focusrite interface. When I compared mine to my buddies FirePod I think the Focusrite just sounds better and just more musical, they use the same Pre amps in almost all their interfaces so you know what your getting beforehand. On a side note the Focusrite Saffire stuff is all compatible with Pro tools 9 as well.