How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Aspera DigiDelivery
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-2007, 07:14 PM

Default DigiDelivery Client won\'t launch

Hello forum,

I am having trouble with DigiDelivery Client. When I try to launch, I immediately get the crash menu "The application DigiDelivery quit unexpectedly." etc. I have tried downloading a new copy of the application. I tried using the pre-binding utility, Cocktail, restarting, etc. Nothing has fixed it so far. Are there some preferences I might toss? If so which ones? I am using Mac OS 10.4.10, which I downloaded with the combo software, not software update. Might this be the problem?

I will go to another computer to use my DigiDelivery server, but would like to be able to run it from this computer eventually. Thanks in advance for any help.

Tom Carlson
Old 09-05-2007, 08:00 PM

Default Re: DigiDelivery Client won\'t launch

There is something that 10.4.10 update breaks. I don't have DigiDelivery, but after I upgraded (combo update) I could 'see' all my network computers but when I double-clicked them it said the alias was broken. Are you able to log in to the other computers on your LAN? In my case reinstalling the 10.4.10 combo update fixed it for me.

Good luck!
Control 24 - 96io - 1622
OSX 10.6.8 - PTHD 10.3.10
Old 09-06-2007, 07:19 AM

Thanks ripple FX for that suggestion. Unfortunately, that didn't fix it. I'll contact support by phone today.

Tom
Old 09-06-2007, 08:03 AM
Avid

You should try trashing the preferences file named 'com.digidesign.digidelivery.plist', empty the trash and restart.
Old 09-06-2007, 09:58 AM

Thanks Tech Support for the reply. I tried trashing the prefs per your suggestion. Unfortunately that did not fix the problem. I have run the prebinding script app which also did not fix the problem. Any other suggestions?

Tom
Old 09-09-2007, 09:13 AM

Well, the problem has been solved (thanks to Koji Egawa for the suggestion). It was the file:

Home folder -> Library folder -> Caches folder -> com.digidesign.digidelivery folder that was the culprit.

I deleted that file and the preferences file and folder and restarted and that solved the problem.

Tom Carlson