Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2018
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-05-2018, 08:51 AM

Default Is the mixer gui lag fixed in the newer versions?

Hi!
Anyone got the issue with the mixer gui lagging when a midi editor is open?
I always had that problem with pro tools 12 but not with 11 (witch I downgraded to, no lag at all)
Pro tools HDX, Avid HD I/O 16x16 analog,

http://jonatanmusik.com/

Last edited by juhanni; 04-05-2018 at 08:53 AM. Reason: added extra info
Old 04-05-2018, 02:02 PM

Default Re: Is the mixer gui lag fixed in the newer versions?

zero mixer lag here on sierra.. but i have not tried it on el capitan which is the minimum qualified.. I only upgraded to sierra to begin with TO fix the graphic sluggishness of PT.... and that worked even before avid released official fixes for that.. so...

I think if you on Sierra or HS you will be perfectly safe.. Sierra is the best overall OS to run PT on now in my humble opinion... 12.12.6

Edit, ok yeah, i checked your bio and sig..you just don't say which mac OS you use, only that you are indeed on mac..

You have a modded 12 core cheese grater with HDX.. you shouldn't have any issues with 2018.3

What graphics card does your system use?

PT 2018 is ok here on both macs in my sig.. in fact, graphically, it is the most responsive out of all installed DAWs on my machines. Only Logic is almost as snappy.. Cubase has a lot of lag when doing the most basic of editing like selecting or unselecting an audio clip! (1 second delay each time)..
I have tested PT by maxing out the audio track count that vanilla allows, 128.. and for good measure i put 64 instrument as well with 64 booms.. so.. 128 audio all playing audio and 64 booms all playing and screen is snappy and mixer is easy to move around, no difference when midi editor open.

Only when all cores are getting heavily used that there starts to be issues..Your machine is much more powerful than both of mine so i say, go for it!