How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2017, 07:24 AM

Default PT12 laggy faders go away when I close the midi-window

Hello from Sweden!
I have noticed that the bespoken "laggy faders"-issue that occurs sometimes in pro tools 12 go away when I close the midi editor-window.

With laggy faders I mean that the mixer faders feel unresponsive and sticky when a song is playing.

My specs:
Pro tools HDX 12.8.1 . (HD I/O 16 analog)
A maxed out 5,1 mac pro (2012), 2 x 3,46 ghz 6-core, 64 gb ram, AMD R9
OS version = 10.12.6

Any input on this from AVID or do we just have to wait on ether apple or avid to fix this? Or roll back to earlier versions. (on my PCwin10, this is not an issue)
Pro tools HDX, Avid HD I/O 16x16 analog,

http://jonatanmusik.com/
Old 09-04-2017, 01:36 PM

Default Re: PT12 laggy faders go away when I close the midi-window

I've also run into issues with the MIDI editor window being laggy. I didn't realize that it also affects other items while it is open.

All I can suggest, as a workaround, is to reduce the size of the MIDI window, if possible. This seems to improve the lagginess. I've also found that, if the monitor resolution is scaled, it can make things worse.

I know that's not ideal. Hopefully, Avid will fix the MIDI window lag issues that have been around for some time on OS X.