Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack

Old 01-10-2012, 08:19 AM

Default Eleven Rack Expansion Pack

I just bought an Axe FX II and I'm gonna be selling my 11R. I had bought the expansion pack. I know that part of it is firmware and part of it is software on the OS. Do I need to transfer a license or anything to the person who buys the 11R box off of me?
Old 01-10-2012, 08:47 AM

Default Re: Eleven Rack Expansion Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legion6789 View Post
I just bought an Axe FX II and I'm gonna be selling my 11R. I had bought the expansion pack. I know that part of it is firmware and part of it is software on the OS. Do I need to transfer a license or anything to the person who buys the 11R box off of me?
Not for the ERXP. You can download the ERXP (both versions Mac and Windows) burn them to a CD and give that to the buyer so they can access the ERXP in order to install the UI files for Pro Tools. They will not be able to run the Firmware updater portion - nor do they need too.

OR you can just direct them to the Avid page where they can download the ERXP installer, since now it is available for all to download.
http://avid.custkb.com/avid/app/self...p?DocId=425171

You would do a transfer of ownership on the Eleven Rack unit. Its not required, but is a good thing to do.
http://www.avid.com/Static/resources...Form_43702.pdf

Quote:
To register used Avid Audio (Digidesign) hardware, you will need to fill out a Transfer of Ownership Form. Registration entitles you to participate in the Avid Hardware Exchange Program and certain repair services for your hardware. Please download and print the form, fill it out, and follow the directions below.

If you are selling a used system, you should fill out the seller's portion of the Transfer of Ownership Form and include it with the sale. After the buyer and seller have completed and signed the Transfer of Ownership form, you will need to submit your scanned copy by following the directions below.

Transfer of Ownership Form

Download the Digidesign Transfer of Ownership Form (requires Adobe Acrobat).

To submit the Transfer of Ownership form, please start a Registration Case. You will need to include the following information for the registration to be processed correctly:

First and Last Name
Address
Country
Email Address
Phone Number
Product
Product Serial Number
Seller

At this point you will need to attach a legible, scanned copy of your Transfer of Ownership form to the case. We will process your registration after the case with your form attachment is received.

Other Important Information

Pro Tools License

The Pro Tools license is included with Pro Tools core hardware systems and cannot be sold separately (this includes any upgrades to the Pro Tools software). If you sell a core system, the included Pro Tools license then becomes the property of the new owner, and all future update and upgrade rights are transferred as well.

The seller is responsible for providing all Pro Tools software and Pro Tools authorizations for that software that should be included with a used core system. If the current software and authorizations were not included, the buyer must purchase a Pro Tools software upgrade from the Store or an Authorized Avid Reseller. All purchased Pro Tools upgrades are complete installers that do not require previous installation of Pro Tools or registration, either to purchase or install the Pro Tools upgrades.

Registration of Plug-Ins and Optional Software Not Transferable

Avid will not transfer product registration for used plug-ins or other optional software from the original owner to another owner.
http://avid.custkb.com/avid/app/self...n&DocType=1079
Congratulations on your Axe FX II purchase, its a great modeler. Did you purchase it second hand or new?

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 01-10-2012, 09:27 AM

Bought it new. Actually, I woke up Monday morning with a terrible hangover and a receipt for the Axe II in my email. After a strong coffee and a greasy breakfast I googled it, watched some videos and read up on it, it looks like a pretty good unit.

Hopefully this will be one of the few drunk decisions I made that works out in the long run.
Old 01-10-2012, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Bought it new. Actually, I woke up Monday morning with a terrible hangover and a receipt for the Axe II in my email. After a strong coffee and a greasy breakfast I googled it, watched some videos and read up on it, it looks like a pretty good unit.

Hopefully this will be one of the few drunk decisions I made that works out in the long run.
Oh its a great unit. High quality, free updates all the time, hundreds of options, you will be happy with it.

If you want to download some presets for it, head over to Youtube and checkout some of Ola Englunds presets for the Axe FX.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4AQv...rrDNGwjbWZbg_8

Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 01-10-2012, 09:55 AM

Thanks Benoni. You sound like you've used them before. Do you own one?
Old 01-10-2012, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Thanks Benoni. You sound like you've used them before. Do you own one?
Used one, but dont have one (yet). The Eleven Rack is great, but it seems Avid has shifted focus to other products, which is fine by me as I am a Pro Tools user first, but the Eleven Rack integrates so well into Pro Tools that it would be nice if they could add more features - especially cabs and effects, and a couple more amps.

I may purchase an Axe sometime in the future if I feel Avid is ignoring the Eleven Rack. But I have many other purchases I need to make first and not enough cash to do them all. I need to build a new PC for my studio, get an HD|Native card and interface, new monitors, ect.... so thats about $10,000 which I don't have

Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 01-10-2012, 10:23 AM

There's always a list of gear to be bought, and just when you reach the bottom, a whole new list appears. :)

It's true, the 11R works really well with Pro Tools. But I feel like as soon as I try to step away from PT and use the 11R for anything else, it starts to get a little cumbersome. Specifically the lack of a stand alone app for editing presets and no official foot controller.

That being said, the 11R definitely changed the way I practice and record demos/riffs/etc. I love that when inspiration hits, I can quickly lay down a track in PT and capture it. Before, I had to either grab a field recorder or set up a mic on the cab, etc. The first one lacks good audio quality and then I have to remember to hook up the recorder to the PC and dump the wav (I think I have 50+ serially named riffs (a0001.wav, a0002.wav, etc on my Zoom to review). The second breaks momentum.

Since I'm running the 11R into my interface via SPDIF I don't think there'll be any significant change between the AF2 and 11R workflow wise.

It's supposed to arrive tomorrow... can't wait to mess with it!