Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 06-03-2006, 10:39 AM

Default import session data-Protools quits

After being Kernel Crash "free" for 3 months it finally happened. after finishing a mix, PTools unexpectly quit, then the grey curtain of doom shows its ugly side. full kernel!!. i throw out all the regular stuff fix permissisons no problem reboot. i begin to import mix session data to a new song. as its importing it unexpectly quits, but no kernel crash. this happens 6x in a row. My system is at OS 10.3.4 with PT 7.1.cs4. i read the newest cs7 updates and it says it has fixed the problem with "import session data" and other issues. i upgrade the OS to 10.4.6 combo, fix permissions and update to the new cs7. the same things happen when importing session data.
Anyone have the same problem?

the only problems i have had previous was after installing SSL4K bundle, my Control 24 would lose communitcation.

Rig: is G5/2.3 10.4.6, 2.5 gigs ram, HD3 accel PT 7.1.cs7
Old 06-03-2006, 12:34 PM

Default Re: import session data-Protools quits

i get this when I import tracks that have waves tdm plugs on them from an older version of pro tools. I am still running waves 4.0 and rtas plaugs work great, but tdm ones crash PT. When I import tracks that have waves tdm plugs on them, I launch pro tools without the wavesshell. Then i innactivate the track. Then I relaunch PT with the waveshell and convert the waves plugs on the inactive tracks to RTAS from TDM. Then I reactivate the tracks and all is well.

this is a strange situation, and probably has nothing to do with you, but you never know...

good luck

www.tompaul.com
Old 06-03-2006, 02:03 PM

Default Re: import session data-Protools quits

it could be the SSL 4k, but i think now i had a corrupt sessions causing this. i forget to wait as the session to close before i open another, being a little impatient i go to open another session and PT will unexpectantly quit. closing down a session pre 7.0 was a little different.
thanks for your info about the waves, i should update the SSL4k 2.0

landy