Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2013, 09:18 PM

Default Delay Compensation red with or without plugins

hello,

my delay compensation is red in the edit window with no plugins on my tracks. I've trashed prefs, etc and still no change. the only way to get it to be green is to delete all tracks (which makes it kinda hard to mix or record haha). looking in the edit window track details, the delay compensation reads 0 on each track.

in another scenario, with native plugins on the tracks only, and either DSP plugs or none on the auxes/master it still shows red in the edit window. this has caused issues with clients when sometimes this delay compensation issue will affect the playback of certain tracks, taking them out of time. in these use cases, things are as they should be with native plugins on tracks only as I've described.

In all cases I've described, delay compensation is set to maximum. I'm using PT HD 10.3.6 with HDx hardware. I've fooled around with other settings in the playback engine dialoge (# of cores, etc) to see if it might help to avail. when I first installed, upping the # of cores would remedy this problem.

I appreciate you reading this and I welcome your helpful suggestions/ideas about anything I may have missed. If I sing "With or without you" about my plugins (specifically Waves right now) it makes me feel a little better.

-D
Old 08-31-2013, 01:18 PM

Default Re: Delay Compensation red with or without plugins

there are some routing sett ups that can do this
hovering the pointer over the DLY a pop-up should tell you were the problem is

if you could post some screen caps, use the Print Screen to capture you screen, then go into Paint and past the screen cap, then save the image

"Fly High Freeee click psst tic tic tic click Bird Yeah!" - dave911

Thank you,

Craig
Old 09-01-2013, 08:51 PM

Yes, routing can make some weird stuff happen. I just posted about a track(with no plugins) showing 1177 samples of delay compensation when its output was set to a bus. Set the output to the main outs and the latency goes away. Things that make you go "hmmmmm"

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 09-08-2013, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
Yes, routing can make some weird stuff happen. I just posted about a track(with no plugins) showing 1177 samples of delay compensation when its output was set to a bus. Set the output to the main outs and the latency goes away. Things that make you go "hmmmmm"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig F View Post
there are some routing sett ups that can do this
hovering the pointer over the DLY a pop-up should tell you were the problem is

if you could post some screen caps, use the Print Screen to capture you screen, then go into Paint and past the screen cap, then save the image
really appreciate the help guys, I did not know that hovering over the DLY would tell me what was wrong. you learn something new every day!

it was indeed the routing in the bus section of my IO. got rid of the funky busses and made new ones which fixed the problems.