Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2009, 02:30 AM

Default Pro Tools 8.0.1cs1 update.

Anyone tried the new update, Pro Tools 8.0.1cs1.

Don't wanna be the first.
Old 11-12-2009, 02:39 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools 8.0.1cs1 update.

Does it seem like they are prioritizing post-oriented fixes rather than music ones?
Old 11-12-2009, 02:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spicemix View Post
Does it seem like they are prioritizing post-oriented fixes rather than music ones?
It's seemed that way to me for a long time now... but I'm something of a troublemaker here... Oh well..

As a side note, I sent you an email Spicy, then got a message back saying it was being held and would be delivered later.... (almost 24 hours after sending it). Have you gotten it yet? Thanks!
What I found when I got there,
was that I couldn't stay away!

Hobo Shave!
Old 11-12-2009, 03:08 AM

Yay, RTAS is optimized!!!

ohh wait, sorry, I dreamt it was 2020...

--------------------------------------------------

Why do people keep running over a string a dozen times with their vacuum cleaner, then reach down, pick it up, examine it, then put it down to give the vacuum one more chance?
Old 11-12-2009, 12:52 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by nod25 View Post
Yay, RTAS is optimized!!!

ohh wait, sorry, I dreamt it was 2020...
RTAS optimizations are not something you'll see in a cs update and, as I've mentioned in previous messages it's something we're working on and will be part of a major release.
Old 11-12-2009, 12:55 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by spicemix View Post
CS releases are always for those issues that are most in need of a fix and can be done in a short term project of a few weeks. There just happened to be some post related problems that absolutely needed immediate fixes. We also included some fixes that were going into the next 'dot' release that would benefit users immediately and which had been tested enough for us to feel they were ready for deployment.
Old 11-12-2009, 12:56 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdarbyshirebryant View Post
There are a couple of simple improvements that I can think of that would improve the post work flow no end, but nooo, Digi mucking about with all the music stuff. Pah!

Just out of curiousity, which fixes are you referring to? Maybe I can help move them along...
Old 11-12-2009, 02:47 PM
Avid

Quote:
Dear Sir! 'Tis an honour to converse. The things I'm thinking of aren't fixes but rather enhancements, so it's 8.1/2/3 I should think. I've banged on about the big thing I think is missing from PT before, I'm sure other DUC'ers are getting bored....I got called a 'Drama Queen' the last time I brought it up. I'll message you privately if you indicated how and are that keen to know The other 2 enhancements are on your 'digi ideas' website under this username. And not it's *NOT* ADC. Blimey an LE user not screaming for ADC....must be the end of the world

K D-B
You can send me a message at : vi [at] digidesign [dot] com.
Old 11-12-2009, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Oh for crying out loud! Digi fix a problem that breaks the interface to a lot of EDL conform applications which by implication has the potential to bring a lot of film & TV post to a standstill, certainly make life difficult, and all of a sudden they're entirely post focused? I really don't think so.

And if you want my opinion, which probably nobody does, I think they're spending FAR to much time fiddling with 'the music stuff'. There are a couple of simple improvements that I can think of that would improve the post work flow no end, but nooo, Digi mucking about with all the music stuff. Pah!

Wanted to put my opposing viewpoint across. Just goes to prove you can't please all the people all the time I feel quite sorry for Digi sometimes.

I think we're all very interested to understand what the new management is going to do. There were comments floating around that because video sales are down more than half but audio sales are only down 15% that they are going to prioritize video...which might be the opposite conclusion one could arrive at... OTOH Avid has few advantages left in their audio product line and are being massively undercut, so they might be thinking they should circle the wagons around audio post and make a last stand.

We don't know, but this is hard evidence rather than speculation, so it merits discussion.