How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-02-2018, 02:23 AM

Default A few questions about 11R and Other Daw's

Hello,

I just recently bought the Eleven Rack and so far I like it pretty much.
But when it comes to setting it up with Cubase it is just a nightmare for me so I decided to ask the pros.

So currently the Eleven Rack is plugged into my PC via USB and into my active monitors via XLR.

The Output and Input options in cubase are fine.
My first problem was the metronome and the audio tracks getting cut every 1-2 seconds, so recording is impossible.

And since today I don't even hear the metronome, it is so frustrating, I hope someone can help me out with setting up the Eleven Rack in Cubase to record at home!

Thanks
Old 04-02-2018, 05:21 AM

Default Re: A few questions about 11R and Other Daw's

I'm not sure which OS you are using, but a few things to try are making sure you are using the latest driver for the 11R. Second, if you are using Windows, make sure the 11R is not being used a a sound device in Windows. It's a good idea to read through the Help Us Help You thread, where you will find basic setup, optimization and troubleshooting tips for Pro Tools.

Once you do the steps listed in the thread, setting up Cubase should be pretty simple. I'm not sure which version you are using, but here is a link to the online Cubase Manual. As for the metronome, make sure it is set up properly. You can find instructions on these settings here.

If things still are not working, please give us a little more information about your system and we can try to get you sorted out.

Will

System Details
Old 04-02-2018, 07:55 PM

Default Re: A few questions about 11R and Other Daw's

Is there a setting in Cubase regarding Word Clock? It sounds like there's a conflict with Cubase wanting to be the Master Clock instead of the 11R.