Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS

Old 06-05-2012, 12:03 PM

Default Bounce Instrument Track to .wav File

I was having problems last night converting two VI tracks to audio. I have a Strike stereo drum track and could not get it routed internally to an Audio track using outputs or sends. I know I have done this many times before, but it just didn't work. Perhaps there is some sort of corruption in this individual session.

Anyway, I then selected the first part of the track, File->Bounce to Disk, chose .wav interleaved, and, voila, it bounced the midi information to a stereo audio track.

I then did it with a mono bass track (Xpand2) and it worked like a charm. Imported both files into the session, and now I can continue tracking my other sources.

I was not aware that this was even possible. Live and learn, I guess...

-dj
16GB RAM
OSX 10.14.5
PT 2019.10 (last one)
Waves Gold/RenMaxx v11
iZotope Ozone 8
Focusrite Clarett 8Pre

Nord Stage 3
Nord Lead A1
DSI Mopho X4
Old 06-05-2012, 12:33 PM

Default Re: Bounce Instrument Track to .wav File

Yes, it's very nice that PT adds a proprietary time stamp to the metadata of bounced files. By the way, for stereo tracks, you can bounce to dual mono and import it without having to convert. It will still make a new stereo track for it by default since the file names end in .L and .R.

If you click on the Output selector of a track, the bottom entry in the popup menu is "new track." That's probably the easiest way to bounce internally, because it creates a new track already routed.

Another way is to make a new track, name it appropriately, and assign a free bus to its Input selector. Then click on the Output selector of the track you're bouncing from and choose the "track" submenu. It will contain a list of all tracks you can bounce to including the one you just made.

PT 2023.12 Ultimate | Clarett+ 8Pre | macOS 13.6.3 on a MacBook Pro M1 Max
PT 2023.12 | Saffire Pro 40 | Win10 latest, HP Z440 64GB
Old 06-05-2012, 01:06 PM

Default Re: Bounce Instrument Track to .wav File

Thanks, David. I will give that a try.
16GB RAM
OSX 10.14.5
PT 2019.10 (last one)
Waves Gold/RenMaxx v11
iZotope Ozone 8
Focusrite Clarett 8Pre

Nord Stage 3