Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series

Old 10-03-2018, 04:34 PM
Avid

Default Re: Logic 10.4.2 breaks Eucon automation modes.

Did you change both the Jog and Shuttle...they have to be done in pairs
Old 10-03-2018, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
Did you change both the Jog and Shuttle...they have to be done in pairs
I just did, the lights toggle but no wheel action. And it's peculiar that when I set the left button to "transport jog" it also changes the right button to the same thing, when it should be "transport shuttle.".. they are linked.

No matter what combination I try, left wheel controls jog, right wheel controls shuttle/jog, no action. It's definitely not in a good state.. It seems like code was borrowed from the MC transport and there are important differences.
Old 10-03-2018, 06:31 PM
Avid

It's not the code...its working OK for us here and others it seems. Can you screenshot EuControl and what controls you have assigned to those 2 keys.
Old 10-04-2018, 02:53 PM

Quote:
It's not the code...its working OK for us here and others it seems. Can you screenshot EuControl and what controls you have assigned to those 2 keys.
If it's not the code, why do I have to set it to "Transport jog" when I'm using the Dock? That's a workaround.

Screenshot is attached, I've done as you asked.. this is with a default setup again, no other customizations..

What happens now is the jog wheel works, but it stays on. You're supposed to be able to press it again to turn off jog mode. And it's still very buggy, I press Zoom V, that doesn't always work. I change that button to transport jog > Zoom like the others, and now none of them work! Jog, shuttle, nothing.

This is buggy as hell. It's better to have working buttons but inconsistent lights than this, I'm reverting back. Is it too much to ask to get someone on your team to do some more detailed investigating?

You know this stuff worked perfectly well on the Avid Transport a number of years ago. Then a Eucon update broke that (before you worked here) and it was never fixed. It's the same code I bet.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg screenshot.jpg (30.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 10-04-2018, 02:59 PM
Avid

To confirm you did set the Shuttle button to Transport Shuttle at the same time?

As for too much to ask??? I spent an hour myself along with my QA guys. It worked OK when we set these 2, also switching to the Zooms and back worked OK.

I don't call switching to the Transport a workaround, Logic probably used those and didn't update when the Dock came out.
Old 10-04-2018, 03:14 PM

Quote:
To confirm you did set the Shuttle button to Transport Shuttle at the same time?

As for too much to ask??? I spent an hour myself along with my QA guys. It worked OK when we set these 2, also switching to the Zooms and back worked OK.

I don't call switching to the Transport a workaround, Logic probably used those and didn't update when the Dock came out.
Yes, I tried to set "Transport shuttle" as Wheel on the SHUTTLE BUTTON. And after I did that, it also affected the JOG button. That was automatically swapped to Transport shuttle. Which is it supposed to be? They are linked together, it's impossible to set them separately due to the software.

Or are they BOTH supposed to be set to Transport Jog, and you mean function is set to shuttle? Left wheel, or right wheel?

And here we go again blaming Logic. This is really unbelievable. Logic somehow knows the difference between the transport and dock?

Why don't you send me your WORKING Logic Pro X.xml , I will put it in, and demonstrate to you where it's glitching out.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg screenshot2.jpg (36.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 10-04-2018, 03:21 PM

I've got them both set to transport shuttle. It "sort of works." The light never goes off. You can't turn off jog mode now to protect against accidental bumps of the wheel. Is this intended behavior?

Zoom H and Zoom V sometimes take multiple presses because the lights aren't following the on/off modes.
Old 10-04-2018, 07:25 PM
Avid

No, the Jog needs to be on Transport Jog and the Shuttle needs to be on Transport Shuttle. I think I had them from the Left Wheel.

As for Logic, why would I tell you lies here in public view...because that's what you are insinuating. I'm just on here trying to help people....mostly in my free time!
Old 10-04-2018, 09:09 PM

Quote:
No, the Jog needs to be on Transport Jog and the Shuttle needs to be on Transport Shuttle. I think I had them from the Left Wheel.

As for Logic, why would I tell you lies here in public view...because that's what you are insinuating. I'm just on here trying to help people....mostly in my free time!
That wasn't my intention to imply lying.. but it's not fair to say that the code for these lights and functions is working as it should.. jog and shuttle on the transport has been glitchy for a long time. It seems too easy to blame apple for this.

I made a video to show you that the wheel setting for these two buttons can't be changed independently, they're either both transport jog or both shuttle.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wh8vc2qrwh..._0145.MOV?dl=0
Old 10-05-2018, 10:47 AM
Avid

Can you set it to Transport Jog on both but the commands to Jog on Jog and Shuttle on Shuttle. (I'm on holiday now for a couple of weeks but will try and get our Appset from the QA guys)