Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-22-2006, 06:59 AM

Default Re: PT LE = 48 voices petition

One more voice to add to this great petition.
Digi, pleaaase ?
Old 01-22-2006, 07:56 AM

You're not aware of THIS ?

Or you can read: http://www.digidesign.com/news/detai...?story_id=4219
Old 01-22-2006, 09:05 AM

Sorry to keep this straying off topic, but maybe we should start a "digi please give us full delay compensation petition". I want to be able to use my outboard gear and any plug-ins without the hassel of nudging tracks. The time adjuster is not a good option IMO.

The basis of only having a real time bounce to disk available in PT is so you can use outboard gear. If there's no delay compensation, then IMO we should have a faster than real time BTD.
Old 01-22-2006, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Sorry to keep this straying off topic, but maybe we should start a "digi please give us full delay compensation petition". I want to be able to use my outboard gear and any plug-ins without the hassel of nudging tracks. The time adjuster is not a good option IMO.

The basis of only having a real time bounce to disk available in PT is so you can use outboard gear. If there's no delay compensation, then IMO we should have a faster than real time BTD.

I agree but I want BOTH A/PDC and offline BTD. I think that having offline BTD could be added as an additional choice so that realtime or non-realtime,everyone will be happy. I have some outboard
that I'd like to start mixing with,but if I have a softsynth track that I need to render as audio
I really don't care to have to sit through an entire 15 minute song just to bounce it down

If I'm working on a track and feel expirimental with trying differnt plugins, I really dont care
to mess around manually delaying a track or inserting 1000 Time adjusters on every track in my
sessions to hear if something is gonna work or not. It's all about workflow for me and if we could just have these to features A LOT of people will be happy.

I think that many of us wanting this stuff have filled out enough feature request forms that our fingers are gonna fall off. Even if it's not allowed, we should start another petition. However
I think we should try to be tactful and no get out of hand with any possible 'virtual shouting'
and bickering. The Threads are more apt to be ignored than seriously read.
PT Mpowered 8.04, Logic 9.1.1
Waves SSL,Omnisphere,Korg Legacy Digital
Absynth 4, EZ Drummer
Project Mix I/O w/ Black Lion Mod
Axiom 61,25, Korg Nano Pad
Old 01-22-2006, 02:07 PM

The whole 32 track limit is really bogus. I think im switching back to nuendo. Unlimited tracks and you can run more effects with less processor hit. I think nuendo sounds better as well. Hard to explain but something about it just sounds more natural. Protools is nice for drum editing but other then that has been fairly limited. Heck i could buy an apogee converter box and run 192 in nuendo with unlimited tracks. Protools i cant lightpipe 96 and i only have 32 tracks. Why be forced to do that when there is nuendo? Is protools really that good? So far it hasnt been for me. Its pretty user friendly but it isnt all that in my opinion. The only positive is most people use protools because of the industry hype. Plus protools likes to scatter files on different hard drives even without round robin checked. I think its a cross platform bug. Its happened more then once and has made sessions a nightmare. Why beg for digi to do something that is already been done with another application. They should just do it and try to be more competitive. There the ones that will lose out in the long run.
Old 01-22-2006, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Why be forced to do that when there is nuendo?
Because Nuendo costs $2000 just for the software?
Because some of the plugins I use and like (and have paid good money for) don't work in Nuendo?
Because I don't need 96 or 192? (how many people do, really?)
Because we're getting 48 tracks?
Because I truly hate the Nuendo/Cubase interface?
Because I just really like Pro Tools?

But that's just me.

Bottom line is; work with what you like that will provide the features and functionality that you are looking for in what you do. For me, personally, that's Pro Tools. Everybody's different.

I'm still glad we're getting 48, even though I've only cracked the 32 voice barrier a couple of times in the total time I've owned and used PT.

Studio rig: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R, Intel i7 920, 6GB Patriot DDR3, NVidia 8600GS, LG GGW-H20L BD-RE, Sony CRX195E1 CD-RW, 2x WD Caviar black 640GB (os swap), 1x WD caviar 320GB (sessions), 1x Maxtor 120GB (sessions), 1x Seagate 1TB (samples/loops), Profire2626, Command8, PT12 on OSX

Mobile Rig: 2015 MacBook Pro Retina, Apollo Twin, PT12
Old 01-22-2006, 10:42 PM

Quote:
This was a nice (and useful) petition !

Thanks everybody!

What will be the next one? In fact what's left now for us to ask?
PDC ? Not everybody really need it.
Whatelse?
Shane? Still more tracks? Delay compensation, surround? I think I'm all petitioned out for now! I'm very, very happy with 48 stereo tracks. This really solves a lot of checkerboard tracking problems I have faced when bringing post sound jobs home. I will gladly pay for more tracks. If I need still more I'll just open DP 4, or start tracking, editing in PT's & cross to DP via OMF. DP's Mac only though unfortunately.
Old 01-23-2006, 05:55 AM

Do you need a new petiotion?

Well, some days ago I've started a new thread named
something like "Petition: Import Session Data in HD way"
..but Digidesign has deleted it.

In that thread I was askin digi to give us LE user
the full Import Session Data Feature, the same you can find in PT HD.

I think it's a bit silly the limit on that feature,
a limit that we can baypass with some workaround (and wasting time).

of course, I do need PDC!
Old 01-23-2006, 06:13 AM

THREAD DISSOLVED - PETITION COMPLETED

~~~END OF 48 VOICES PETITION THREAD~~~ FINAL POST ~~CLOSED

****************************************CLOSED**** ***********************