Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Getting Started
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-2013, 09:52 AM

Default Pro Tools 11 Beginner

Still somewhat of a novice at Pro Tools 11, but boy howdy has this forum been a huge help. The members and moderators are patient beyond belief and pretty awesome IMO. At any rate, here is my question: I am in search of a good "Hammond Organ" AAX plug-in/VI for my PT11. I've done some online research, but would really like to hear from the members of this community as to what they recommend. I am on somewhat of a budget, and I know you get what you pay for so... That being said, I am willing to pony up the bucks if the product is good enough. I am looking for something that has more than just a Hammmond-type organ sound. I would like drawbars, spinning leslie, etc. etc.

Feel free to chime in. Looking forward to hearing/seeing what y'all think.

Thank you and Happy Holidays,

Matthew

P.S. Also, are my Casio Privia Digital Piano and/or my Line 6 Mobile Keys 25 going to be good controllers for this sort of software??
Old 12-15-2013, 10:02 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools 11 Beginner

Have you tried the included DB33 organ in Pro Tools?

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 12-15-2013, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOM@METRO View Post
Tom:

Gosh, that would be cool. I didn't think that PT11 came with anything like that... How could I have missed it? Where would I find any VI that may have been or were supposed to have been included with my PT11??

Matthew
Old 12-15-2013, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOM@METRO View Post
p.s. My PT11 is the discounted "student version", so maybe I didn't get cool bells and whistles like what you are describing?
Old 12-15-2013, 10:44 AM

I think I have searched everywhere I can think of. Do not see any virtual instruments included with my Pro Tools... Any suggestions? So, where does one purchase this DB33 VI? I just watched an instructional video about it on You Tube, but I don't see if "for sale" anywhere online. Is it available in AAX for PT11? Help??
Old 12-15-2013, 12:54 PM

Your Avid Account -> My Products -> View My Product Details -> Downloads -> AIR Creative Collection 11.0 for Pro Tools 11.x

FREE

OR -> Avid Virtual Instruments 10.3 Installer for Pro Tools 10.x

Last edited by WombatStudio.Org; 12-15-2013 at 01:02 PM. Reason: Filename?
Old 12-15-2013, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by btwnthbttns View Post
p.s. My PT11 is the discounted "student version", so maybe I didn't get cool bells and whistles like what you are describing?
All versions like teacher, student and ordinary versions include ALL of the same features and even the same plugins and VI's as HD11 so you need to install that instrument pack separately from your Avid Master Account. The installer is like 2.3-2.6GB file size and is called AIR Instrument Collection or something like that, I just installed and didn't see exctly what it ks called but they are supposed to be in your avid account A handfull of Vi and some AIR plugins aswell

Christopher

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 12-15-2013, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
All versions like teacher, student and ordinary versions include ALL of the same features and even the same plugins and VI's as HD11 so you need to install that instrument pack separately from your Avid Master Account. The installer is like 2.3-2.6GB file size and is called AIR Instrument Collection or something like that, I just installed and didn't see exctly what it ks called but they are supposed to be in your avid account A handfull of Vi and some AIR plugins aswell

Christopher
Awesome! Thank you
Old 12-15-2013, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post

Christopher
Downloading the AIR expansion pack as we speak, look like it it will take a few hours. Wow, a ton of stuff. Pretty impressive. I cannot, for the life of me, determine if in amongst the TONS of sounds offered (synths, pianos, etc. etc. etc.) if there is even a single organ sound. Can't find organ even referenced in all of the online literature I have browsed regarding the package. Does anyone know if there is an organ of any sort tucked away in here anywhere? Really curious. I mean, it sure seems like the MUST be but I certainly cannot find one... Anyone out there who has this AIR expansion pack care to help me out here? Was really hoping the DB33 that Tom mentioned above might be included. I watched a clip on You Tube about the DB33 and it looks like EXACTLY what I am reeeeeeally looking for... :) (Still mighty impressed by what I will have come morning time with the AIR expansion pack, though!)
Old 12-15-2013, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by btwnthbttns View Post
Downloading the AIR expansion pack as we speak, look like it it will take a few hours. Wow, a ton of stuff. Pretty impressive. I cannot, for the life of me, determine if in amongst the TONS of sounds offered (synths, pianos, etc. etc. etc.) if there is even a single organ sound. Can't find organ even referenced in all of the online literature I have browsed regarding the package. Does anyone know if there is an organ of any sort tucked away in here anywhere? Really curious. I mean, it sure seems like the MUST be but I certainly cannot find one... Anyone out there who has this AIR expansion pack care to help me out here? Was really hoping the DB33 that Tom mentioned above might be included. I watched a clip on You Tube about the DB33 and it looks like EXACTLY what I am reeeeeeally looking for... :) (Still mighty impressed by what I will have come morning time with the AIR expansion pack, though!)

LOL

Yea yes yes Don't worry, the DB-33 IS in that package.

Look at chapter 5 in this manual :http://akmedia.digidesign.com/suppor...s_v1_56076.pdf

Tadaaaa DB-33 Organ and drawbar like cool plugin we never use in Modern House/Dance Pop songs but if you are looking for something like that you will probably like that.

Best of Luck
Chris

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————