Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 08-25-2019, 03:11 PM

Default Re: Daisychaining Firewire and TB3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProtoolsLover View Post
Another option could be to do it the way I do at my work iMac. I run OSX off of an external SSD thunderbolt drive enclosure for my iMac and use the internal drive for backup as it has a Fusion (Complete Garbage) drive.

It would be much cheaper to use an external SSD than pay for the internal SSD upgrade cost. You can use an External Thunderbolt SSD as your system drive and use the stock internal SSD that comes with the mac as your Audio Drive.
I wonder what Darryl Ramms' reply was to this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
That can work, and you may be the best way to go for some folks. Part of my goal was to avoid any external disk, but the moment you allow external disk the options may flip around like this. For really heavy work smaller passive cooled external NVMe SSD may get too hot and throttle (I expect my Samsung X5 is... it gets pretty warm when pushed doing a lot of IO (more than *I* would do using it just for Pro Tools) and I should measure the performance and see). But in a fan cooled external chassis I expect them to do much better. I also wonder if those larger chassis, are better at avoiding accidental bumping and unplugging, the smaller drives seem are easier to move/bump and maybe accidentally unplug.
Quite.
Old 08-25-2019, 04:28 PM

And how is any of my posts from other threads you are quoting about slow internal drive and fast external SSD relevant to your situation/this thread?

You seen absolutely lost and clueless and not interested in any actual help... and set out to show that to every other person on this forum.
Old 08-25-2019, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
And how is any of my posts from other threads you are quoting about slow internal drive and fast external SSD relevant to your situation/this thread?

You seen absolutely lost and clueless and not interested in any actual help... and set out to show that to every other person on this forum.
Mr. Leonard is really confused as he posted the above in this thread http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?p...11#post2534211 but if you go there his post isn't there. I only knew about that because had posted in that thread some time back and I got an email notification of his new post in that thread.

I intimated it before in this thread and now I'm sure - we have another larsongs on our hands and that isn't good. I suggest we treat jamesleonard just like we treat larsongs - ignore him and let someone else deal with him.

QAPLA!
Old 08-26-2019, 03:12 AM

Hahaha, ‘my my’ you two are sensitive! The name-of-the-game, here on THIS forum is repetition (whether you two like it or not!), and I was trying to ascertain how I could cope with a specific problem - namely: How to pick a start-up disk for my Mac at boot time - and what procedures - I would have to do - to resolve this!

As I indicated very early on in the posts - I was very unsure of how I would go about this - and I was merely putting questions to this forum - so I could get my head around what I hope to accomplish.

Eventually… I did get vague answers, albeit, sarcastic, implications of: ‘’What I should know’’ and: ‘’What I should be doing’’ (I’m so sorry I’m not as adroit and erudite on this subject as yourselves!)

I only come here to get answers - and not to get insulted by the ‘likes of you.’ You could of summed this situation up ‘in a nutshell’ really, (YOU KNEW what I was ‘getting at’ from the onset - let’s not kid ourselves here!), and could of given me THE options immediately - but (it seems), you just chose to prolong a simple question - so that you could get on your ‘high-horse’ and make me look stupid.

There is a deluge of information on this forum (and it is hidden, or, the TITLE does not befit the SUBJECT) and I’m afraid: You will have to answer the same questions many, many times - and if you can’t handle that - then MOVE ON..! ‘Better still’ if you feel, you have answered similar questions like this ‘about a thousand times’ here’s a suggestion for you - or anyone reading this: DON’T REPLY! It’s really quite simple.

If this job is getting to you and the repetition is becoming frustrating, I suggest you don’t answer and ‘lay off the sarcasm.’ Just because you have answered questions many times - does not give you the right to ‘come-off’ as a sarcastic, insulting ‘know-it-all’

It is well documented on here that Daryll Ramm annoys everybody - and ‘rubs everybody up the wrong way.’ In fact I am going to ignore him from now on.

Musicman691, you’re okay, but lately it seems you are ‘losing it’ as well.

This is not a competition you know?- I am genuinely seeking solutions to problems, I am so sorry I have annoyed you - by asking a question.

Next time… If you feel you know the answer - ‘post a link’ and spare me the ‘baloney.’

Good day to you.
Old 08-26-2019, 05:32 AM

What does Darryl Ramm stand for anyway? Is it a pseudonym; for a team of different people, who pretend they are one entity maybe? You just seem to ‘cherry pick’ specific questions that are easy - and even then - instead of being informative and professional; you come across as condescending and insulting; with your snide remarks and high and mighty attitude (what the hell is the matter with you?).

Do you not know how to get to the ‘bottom of things’ in a certain situation? - I mean you’ve been in this job long enough! - you ought to know what questions to ask to ‘whittle things down.’ for example, MY situation: You knew what I was trying to explain - but you had to be a i- didn’t you? - either that, or you are not suited for this job, it’s one of the two anyway!

In the ‘immortal words’ of your mate, musicman691: ‘’I’m done with you.’’ As well as yourself musicman691!

I think you have answered too many repetitive questions - and have gone ‘stir crazy’ and it is blatantly obvious - by the way you treat people on this forum.

Thanks, but no thanks!
Old 08-26-2019, 08:22 AM

Do you spend a lot of time talking to your 003? And does it talk back to you? You hear any other voices as well?

—-

I don’t understand the annoying details, or much about computers at all, but no worries I have decided *what* to do and just want people to tell me how to do the what. But what is wrong with everybody else when they tell me the what I want to do is not a good idea? — https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunn...3Kruger_effect.

Last edited by Darryl Ramm; 08-26-2019 at 08:35 AM.
Old 08-26-2019, 09:50 AM

Ahhhhh, I see! Is this a reminder to yourself - is it? Is this your ‘trigger-word’ so, no-one will cross that line (hahahaha!) You are being absolutely pathetic now - as well as childish. GROW UP - will you! Only a neurotic fool (such as yourself) would come out with this pathetic ‘claptrap.’

Please… Don’t try to justify yourself to me EVER again. And just drop it will you. Go and harass and belittle somebody else on this forum - with your superior, holier than thou intellect - It’s what you’re usually good at - isn’t it?

Talk about going off topic. If you had a brain - you would definitely qualify for an idiot!