Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-02-2019, 01:46 PM

Default Weird Problem

So I have a few different users set up on my computer, and up until this week, things have been fine. We each have our own space with our own settings of how we like the OS environment to work, and how we like PT to work. We both have admin access... we are equal users on the OS.

But this week, only one of us can open PT. The other user tries to open it up, but it just crashes.

The only thing in recent memory that has changed is I updated the iLok software, but today, while logged into the problem user, I opened the new iLok software and logged in, thinking it had to do something... but still PT won't open.

Oddly enough, there is a 3rd user called Admin, which also has admin privileges, and PT won't run in that space either.

Yes, I deleted all the prefs I could think of/ and find in the problem user library, but still it won't launch.

Any ideas?
Old 05-03-2019, 07:35 AM

Default Re: Weird Problem

OS? Hardware? PT Version?

----------------------------------------
Mac Studio / Ventura, PT 2023.12.HDX, Avid HD I/Os and Metric Halo ULN8, 3xS1/Dock
Also running a Mac Studio Ultra / Ventura / HDX / MTRX / S6
Old 05-03-2019, 11:03 AM

Default Re: Weird Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey Talbot View Post
So I have a few different users set up on my computer, and up until this week, things have been fine. We each have our own space with our own settings of how we like the OS environment to work, and how we like PT to work. We both have admin access... we are equal users on the OS.

But this week, only one of us can open PT. The other user tries to open it up, but it just crashes.

The only thing in recent memory that has changed is I updated the iLok software, but today, while logged into the problem user, I opened the new iLok software and logged in, thinking it had to do something... but still PT won't open.

Oddly enough, there is a 3rd user called Admin, which also has admin privileges, and PT won't run in that space either.

Yes, I deleted all the prefs I could think of/ and find in the problem user library, but still it won't launch.

Any ideas?
I've yet to see a Mac work well with multiple accounts having admin access. You should only have one user account with admin access. Things end up fighting each other otherwise.

QAPLA!