Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series

Old 10-12-2012, 11:27 PM

Unhappy Figured out problem with Key Commands on win.

So instead of typing Ctrl when adding key commands choose Ctrl and then the command dropdown box you want with it. Had a hell of a time mapping ctrl+tab by actually typing in tab. Ahh Update your wares to be more idiot proof...

I hope all of my posts are read by other people struggling with my issues, and as I work through the issues I always post my resolution. This user group is fantastic but I really hope Avid steps up its game in support. Many newbs to recording are using Pro Tools now as a result of the newly added ASIO support and the hardcore marketing. I think too many issues have made it to the backburner. Please hire people WINDOWS programmers as well as mac. We are buying your product and I know there is alot to cover, but come with some updates that fix all of these problems I read about all the time.

Yeah I know we would have less time together on this lovely forum if things were better and for that I am sad but...Think about how many other DAW's have such a large user group with people having MASSIVE issues. Pretty much none. Ableton/Steinberg/Sony not even close. I know it is ambitious with all they do but someone has to be accountable. If some mild computer user was like I want to get a program to record on how about Pro Tools? I honestly would be like you have no idea what you are in for... Sorry for the rant. All support seems to be for Mac Sadface

Located suburbs Milwaukee, WI USA

Need Analog Mastering? I have 15 years experience. www.WenzMastering.com
Old 10-13-2012, 01:08 AM

Default Re: Figured out problem with Key Commands on win.

Alright got this...When mapping Itunes I noticed that it is mapped for mac. If you want to map it for PC fast go into the editor and click command. Unclick "CMD" and click "Control". They never mapped it for windows.. Could have an intern do that for free and release it on an update..

So I completeley remapped the itunes page quickly by just un highlighting "CMD" and the re highlighting the other key "Control". This went actually fast...

Located suburbs Milwaukee, WI USA

Need Analog Mastering? I have 15 years experience. www.WenzMastering.com