Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-26-2015, 01:14 PM

Default Re: Does PT10 come with a PT9-to-PT12 upgrade?

Well:
I have here three PT10 HD license in the same account.
I consider to do at least ONE suport plan thing.
Is it really sure, that not all three license are gone then?
Can I choose which one gets surrendered. One of those is PT10+CPTK

I know this is a stupid question but since I had ilok troubles some time ago where things went wrong from from ilok side, there is a little fear that things go wrong again

"Trust is a rare currency in this ages"

Ale

Last edited by Bruce Paine; 03-26-2015 at 02:05 PM. Reason: profanity removed
Old 03-26-2015, 02:14 PM

Default Re: Does PT10 come with a PT9-to-PT12 upgrade?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
I have no clue, to be frank. It is probably the support plan thing...
Ok, thanks.

From my modest perspective, I am very grateful that PT10 is included in a PT9 to PT12 upgrade. This has been lost amidst the negative forum "press". And, I am very grateful that my 003 is supported with PT12. I am not thrilled to spend $200 yearly where I was able to get through longer stretches without it. But, for my modest uses, I appreciate Pro Tools. Sure, this is re-opening a window near what was a closed DAW door for me. But, I do want to support- where and as I can- what I like. I'm not in opposition to those deeper in, vocalizing their frustrations. I'm grateful to them. I just want to put in my grain of sugar in the mix.

Software is dynamic. It's not like Avid rules change year to year. The world is dynamic. The economy is. They're adapting. To serve themselves, serving us. We are free to pick our tools. And, we're all gonna get burned, depending where we dive in the purchase cycle pool. For the non-HD users, the only change is the new yearly $200 dues. And, no, it's not insignificant. For me, that may be an additional $1600/decade Avid gets from me. And sure, when put that way, eventually, I'll reassess whether I stay. Admittedly, it's a smart move by them. Frog in rising temperature water. Am I a frog? Have I ever not been a frog? Ok, I went from content to displeased. In one post. … For now, I'll remain in the pot. But, with the support of the shared thoughts here & elsewhere, I'll keep an eye on the thermometer. Stepping down.