Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack

Old 03-10-2012, 05:40 PM

Default Eleven Rack & in-ear monitoring

First post for a future owner of an Eleven Rack (I have Digi-001 for more than 10 years).

After reading many post on this forum and other ones on the net, I concluded that I don't what to go traditional amp/cab route. So I want to go with FRFR for band practice (which I already have) and in-ear for live show.

I have zero experience with in-ear. I already have a set of Shure E1 in-ear monitors that I will use for now and will upgrade later-on (if needed). I only do small gigs 4-5 time per year.

Question 1: what wired receiver/transmitter are you using?

Question 2: what wireless receiver/transmitter are you using?

Question 3: would it be great (as a wired in-ear monitor without additional hardware) to simply use the line-in of eleven rack and mix it with full rig on ER headphone out?. Avid can only add a mix level and a brickwall limiter as part of next upgrade (can also serve as an aux input to practice with ipod/iphone).
Old 03-10-2012, 05:50 PM

Default Re: Eleven Rack & in-ear monitoring

I WAS using a Shure PSM400 system, with the optional 4-channel line mixer\splitter. The original E3 earbuds were only OK at best, so I upgraded Shure SLC5s (dual-driver).

Then the FCC and the CRTC/Industry Canada reserved the "700 MHz" band (698-806 MHz) for emergency use only, making my Shures illegal for use here or in the USA. At that point, I purchased the Sennheiser IEM 300 G3 system, which I love to death - especially with the SLC5 earbuds.

I can't speak about wired in-ear systems...